The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Users not able to see recent posts

3 posters

Go down

Users not able to see recent posts Empty Users not able to see recent posts

Post by GoleeMD November 6th 2009, 8:50 pm

Our forum has been having a recent problem where some users are not able to see recents posts unless they log off and then log back on. I had a similar problem this morning as well. It will show on the main board that someone has made a recent post, but when I click on that thread, that post is not there unless I log out and then log back on.

Please help. We've not had this problem before, so I'm not sure if it's a common issue or not.
GoleeMD

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Users not able to see recent posts Empty Re: Users not able to see recent posts

Post by kirk November 7th 2009, 4:57 am

Mmmm? i am not sure i would have to register and see if it 's happening to me as well.

check here and see what the time limit is before a member is considered to be off line. have it set to the max 60 min if it is not set.

admin panel>user/groups>user options.

scroll down to (Time in minutes before a member is considered "Offline")
select 60 then hit save. i dont know if this will realy make a difference but it's worth a try.
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Diana November 7th 2009, 5:07 am

I had a member today complaining about that aswell.

I don´t know if it has anything to do with the offline thing. I set it to 10 minutes because before I had a problem where users would log out but it didn´t show they were logged out. So it´s a two way problem if it is to do with that offline thing.
Diana
Diana
Active Poster

Female Posts : 1286
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk November 7th 2009, 5:15 am

well honestly i dont think that option would have anything to do with your problem. i just thought it would be worth a try. i think all that dose it just show if a person is online or not i dont think it makes then go off line when the time limit exceeds.

so the only thing i could think of right now is to post your link and let me register to see if this happens to me. we have to troubleshoot and see if there is any other options or settings to try to change. but i cant tell unless i see the problem first hand.

then if it's something we can not solve or fix and continues to happen we will have to put a request in for a tech.
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down