The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Can't be Solved] Is it possible to enable facebook login for members?

4 posters

Go down

[Can't be Solved] Is it possible to enable facebook login for members? Empty [Can't be Solved] Is it possible to enable facebook login for members?

Post by Norfeldt November 9th 2009, 10:36 pm

Hey all

I think that a lot of my furture users do not want to make a new user and maybe want to use their FB account if possible.
Is it possible to make such an integration with facebook?

Last edited by Norfeldt on November 10th 2009, 1:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Norfeldt
Forumember

Language : Danish

http://farmas.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

[Can't be Solved] Is it possible to enable facebook login for members? Empty Re: [Can't be Solved] Is it possible to enable facebook login for members?

Post by kirk November 9th 2009, 10:44 pm

all you can do is just have the share features to place on facebook myspace etc..

there's no way you can have to where your members/friends log onto facebook and automatically be logged into your forum. it's two different things facebook is facebook and your forum is your forum.

i mean if you wanted to you can have everthing open for guest.then any links that are shared from your forum on facebook they would be able to click the link and see and be active on your forum. but they will only be recognised as guest.

So the answer would be no you can not integrate it that way. but everthing from your forum can be shred on there social networks for other to see and follow the links to your forum.

it's up to you if you would want to open the whole thing to guest or not.

hope that helps a lil
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

[Can't be Solved] Is it possible to enable facebook login for members? Empty Re: [Can't be Solved] Is it possible to enable facebook login for members?

Post by Norfeldt November 9th 2009, 11:02 pm

kirk wrote:all you can do is just have the share features to place on facebook myspace etc..

there's no way you can have to where your members/friends log onto facebook and automatically be logged into your forum. it's two different things facebook is facebook and your forum is your forum.

i mean if you wanted to you can have everthing open for guest.then any links that are shared from your forum on facebook they would be able to click the link and see and be active on your forum. but they will only be recognised as guest.

So the answer would be no you can not integrate it that way. but everthing from your forum can be shred on there social networks for other to see and follow the links to your forum.

it's up to you if you would want to open the whole thing to guest or not.

hope that helps a lil

But I have seen different sites with this kind of open ID login feature...
Norfeldt
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Tilum November 9th 2009, 11:16 pm

Are they hosted by Forumotion?

~ Tilum
Tilum
Tilum
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1759

Back to top Go down

Post by Norfeldt November 9th 2009, 11:37 pm

Nope.. I was just posting this question to hear if you guys did have such a function or if any other user had found a way to do this.
Norfeldt
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Suecra November 10th 2009, 12:17 am

Norfeldt wrote:Nope..

Exactly,other sites might have this feature,but If It's hosted by forumotion,you can't.
Suecra
Suecra
Forumember

Language : English

Back to top Go down