The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Secret Submission?

3 posters

Go down

Secret Submission? Empty Secret Submission?

Post by Tom2794 November 11th 2009, 12:52 am

Hey there!

Is there a way of making a forum where people can submit topics but then only the administrator and the member themselves can read them, they cannot read anyone elses topic.

So its like a secret topic to the admin that no one else can read but the admin can read all of them.

I have tried to make forums where members cant view but can make new topics... This didnt work... is this actually possible?

Thanks
Tom.x
Tom2794
Tom2794
Forumember

Male Posts : 501
Language : English

http://www.paintz.tk

Back to top Go down

Secret Submission? Empty Re: Secret Submission?

Post by Guest November 11th 2009, 2:13 am

What you describe is essentially the private-messaging system, so doing that at the forum level doesn't make much sense to me.

Now, if what you really want is admin-approval of all new topics, that is possible. You would need to create a new forum where the only permission granted to members is to open a new topic. Then, you would need to create a button (probably on the navbar) that would take members directly to the new-topic page for that forum. You need this button because normal access to the New Topic icons will be disabled. Once a member submits the post, only admins would be able to read it.

After reading and approving the post, an admin could move it to any other forum, and it could be read by the membership.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tom2794 November 11th 2009, 5:16 pm

well what it was going to be was a forum for complaints or reports about other members as this is a forum for a game so it would be a way of contacting the admin. The reason i wanted it at forum level is so that i can apply stamps to it just like the "post report" system (e.g. in processing) and then the topic poster will be able to check back and see the stamped topic....

Any help?
Tom.x
Tom2794
Tom2794
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Tom2794 November 14th 2009, 2:18 pm

Is anyone going to answer or help?
Tom2794
Tom2794
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket November 14th 2009, 2:22 pm

Tom2794, hold up here for sometime.
I will try it out & let you know if it is possible.

edit: I tried a few variations with the permissions & found that it is not possible to do so.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk November 14th 2009, 10:19 pm

Tom2794 wrote:Is anyone going to answer or help?

Actually the way Dion has explained would be the best.
It would be even better if forumotion had the option to approve topics like on the paid phpbb and many other paid forums.. but as of now we do not have the feature.Sad
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down