The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Avatar overlaps online status banner, & blurry rank images

3 posters

Go down

Solved Avatar overlaps online status banner, & blurry rank images

Post by yindale November 21st 2009, 11:34 pm

Hi everyone! This is my first post here, so please tell me if I'm posting to the wrong place... I tried searching for answers to my problems, but nothing came up, so I thought I'd start a new topic.

I noticed that when a user is online in my forum, their avatar overlaps the online status banner (I'm not sure what that's called). The online status banner is supposed to be diagonal across the top right corner of the avatar, but instead only the edges are visible peeking out from behind the avatar. The smaller the avatar is, the more of the online status banner can be seen. All the avatars are within the maximum width and height, by the way. This is not a custom status banner I added myself because it came with the template I'm using, and I haven't tweaked with the coding or anything...

Besides that, I am using one of the default rank images provided in the Admin CP, where it looks very clear and nice. But on the forum, it is very blurry instead!

Here's two screenshots of what I mean:

Avatar overlaps online status banner, & blurry rank images Blurry11

Avatar overlaps online status banner, & blurry rank images Userpi10

And the rank images are supposed to look like this: Avatar overlaps online status banner, & blurry rank images Stars110

I have no idea what caused these problems or how they may be fixed, so I'd really appreciate it if somebody could please help me with these! I'm using phpBB. Smile Thanks so much!
yindale
yindale
Forumember

Female Posts : 26
Language : English

http://tokiohotelmalaysia.com

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Avatar overlaps online status banner, & blurry rank images

Post by ankillien November 22nd 2009, 7:34 am

Hello,

The rank images looks blurry because you have dark background. These image would look better on a light background color.

About online image,
he online image is basically added as a background-image so it cannot be shown in front of avatar. You can limit the width of the avatar images so that the online image appears clearly.
To do that go to Admin CP > Display > Avatar Gallery > Personal Avatars > Reduce the maximum size and save.
ankillien
ankillien
Energetic

Language : English, XHTML, CSS, JS, PHP, SQL

Back to top Go down

Post by yindale November 22nd 2009, 11:42 am

Oh you're right! It seems so obvious now... how embarrassing.

Thanks so much, ankillien. Smile
yindale
yindale
Forumember

Female Posts : 26

http://tokiohotelmalaysia.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket November 22nd 2009, 11:44 am

Since this thread appears to be solved, I will lock this thread and mark it as solved.
Avatar overlaps online status banner, & blurry rank images 2j4t5a8

Sanket Smile
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Back to top Go down