The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Using TapATalk to allow a nice clean iPhone, Blackberry, Android experience

Go down

Should they add it?

Using TapATalk to allow a nice clean iPhone, Blackberry, Android experience Left11100%Using TapATalk to allow a nice clean iPhone, Blackberry, Android experience Right11 100% 
[ 1 ]
Using TapATalk to allow a nice clean iPhone, Blackberry, Android experience Left110%Using TapATalk to allow a nice clean iPhone, Blackberry, Android experience Right11 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 1

Using TapATalk to allow a nice clean iPhone, Blackberry, Android experience Empty Using TapATalk to allow a nice clean iPhone, Blackberry, Android experience

Post by kingston November 25th 2009, 4:52 am

I have seen a few suggestions asking for a nice clean mobile interface to the forumotion boards. While looking for ways for the board I am associated with to have an interface I came across the TapATalk solution( www.tapatalk.com) . It is a software piece that takes a phpBB 3 board (which Forumotion is able to use) and can turn it into a clean interface for an iPhone or iPod touch. The product itself is completely free to forum hosters. While trying to see if I could add it to my specific board I learned that it would not be possible, but I could suggest it in here.

So I am hoping this suggestion gets a little attention from the people who run Forumotion. It seems like a win win for everyone involved.

The users would get the ability (after getting their client) to view forums written in a clean interface that looks like the normal iPod and iPod Touch applications. To the user it would be as easy as installing their application. They are working on an Android and a Blackberry version as well.

To hosters the of the boards (Forumotion) they would be able to easily add these capabilities without development or licensing cost (the software itself is GPL) and could add it as soon as they please. I tried it testing on a private installation of phpBB 3 and it worked instantly. No hassles. I know it would take some planning but in the grand scheme it seems like it would be one of the easiest advantages to add.

To the developers of TapATalk they would get to sell a lot of their clients (which are very cheap for iPhone, $2.99). For all the ability it adds and makes it easier for the users it is a very fair price.

Well Mods? What do you think?
kingston

Language : English

Back to top Go down