The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Only-topic] Server problems, request timeout, blank pages

5 posters

Go down

[Only-topic] Server problems, request timeout, blank pages Empty [Only-topic] Server problems, request timeout, blank pages

Post by chachacha August 7th 2006, 7:45 pm

like this...

Request Timeout
This request takes too long to process, it is timed out by the server. If it should not be timed out, please contact administrator of this web site to increase 'Connection Timeout'.

please this is gettin on me nerves... how do i stop this Mad

EDIT Katt : This topic is now [Sticky] and will be used as an [Only topic]. So, if people post new topics about this server problem, please redirect them in this current one.
chachacha

Back to top Go down

[Only-topic] Server problems, request timeout, blank pages Empty Re: [Only-topic] Server problems, request timeout, blank pages

Post by Cornelia August 7th 2006, 7:56 pm

Hello.

One of Editboard's server is having some problems. I have the same slowdowns and request timeout on the French support today. The French support admin has reported this problem to the technicians. If it's not today, the repairs will be done tomorrow.
Cornelia
Cornelia
Hyperactive

Female Posts : 4763
Language : I'M NOT A TECHIE OR A MOD, SO QUIT SENDING ME PMS FOR TECHIE STUFF OR LOST PASSWORDS !!!

http://ishimaru-design.servhome.org

Back to top Go down

[Only-topic] Server problems, request timeout, blank pages Empty Re: [Only-topic] Server problems, request timeout, blank pages

Post by chachacha August 7th 2006, 7:58 pm

and can you get rid of the french language plz
chachacha

Back to top Go down

Post by Cornelia August 7th 2006, 8:00 pm

Where? Buttons? Anywhere else?
Cornelia
Cornelia
Hyperactive

Language : I'M NOT A TECHIE OR A MOD, SO QUIT SENDING ME PMS FOR TECHIE STUFF OR LOST PASSWORDS !!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Tweedledum August 7th 2006, 9:57 pm

We've got the same problems on our board, do you know roughly when it'll be sorted out by plus if it is likely to happen again?

thanks
Tweedledum

Back to top Go down

Post by Joy August 7th 2006, 10:00 pm

Same here. We've had issues for over 6 hours. Just want to give our members an idea of when things will start working again. Thank you.
Joy

Back to top Go down

Post by Tweedledum August 7th 2006, 10:01 pm

Yeh, it started about 5ish on ours.

People are getting a bit impatient Wink
Tweedledum

Back to top Go down

Post by Cornelia August 7th 2006, 10:02 pm

Apparently, it's the biggest server who's affected.

I told above that it has been reported to the technicians.

Because they are French, it's already 10 p.m in France, so if it's not done today, it will be done tomorrow morning.

It's been a long time since the last time this server (where the French support is) had slowdowns.
Cornelia
Cornelia
Hyperactive

Back to top Go down

Post by Tweedledum August 7th 2006, 10:04 pm

Thanks Katt.

Apart from that the forum is great btw, best we've had and we're known as the cyber-nomads because we've had to move around so much to find a board that works ok for us Wink
Tweedledum

Back to top Go down

Post by Gautamas August 8th 2006, 9:34 am

Hello Smile

The "request timeout" message is send mainly when the servors are overwhelmed et can't answer all the requests. It's not a bug and it happens without warning, specially during the holidays. I think the administrators will try to set new servors.

Have a nice day (night ?)
Gautamas
Gautamas
Forumember

Male Posts : 143
Language : french,english,dutch

http://help.editboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tweedledum August 8th 2006, 11:50 am

Gautamas wrote:Hello Smile

The "request timeout" message is send mainly when the servors are overwhelmed et can't answer all the requests. It's not a bug and it happens without warning, specially during the holidays. I think the administrators will try to set new servors.

Have a nice day (night ?)

They are getting new servers then?

Its doing it again now Mad
Tweedledum

Back to top Go down

Post by Tweedledum August 8th 2006, 3:23 pm

Ok, its been really bad this afternoon, one time I got the error twenty times in a row, have the server problems been solved or are they still down?

Is there anyway that bandwidth can be increased to our site?
Tweedledum

Back to top Go down

Post by Cornelia August 8th 2006, 8:22 pm

Hello.

When it happened, you were right into rush hours where the activity level is high.

EDIT : Apparently, the new servers are still not set up.
Cornelia
Cornelia
Hyperactive

Back to top Go down