The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.

Create a free forum like this one.

I've received a message from Forumotion, is it true ?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Post by Buttercup on December 8th 2009, 6:15 pm

Firstly, you need to know that all emails sent to you by Forumotion have an address ending in : -------@forumotion.com (or @editboard.com)

In which case you receive an email from Forumotion :
Reason :Must I answer ?
New message in a topic you watch (*)Exclamation No
New private message in your inbox (*)Exclamation No
New registration on your forum (*)Exclamation No
New warning report on your forum (*)Exclamation No
Your forum creationExclamation No
Your forum deletionExclamation No
Sent litigationExclamation No
Reception of a litigationExclamation No
(*) : if the option is activated.

In conclusion: do not respond to these emails. Generally Forumotion will not contact you by email. If you have a question or you are in doubt, you can always ask for confirmation from a staff member on the support forum.
Beware of fake emails :
If you receive an email like this:
Dear Founder,
My name is ----, Forumotion Adminstrator.
A hacker is causing us problems lately, and is threatening to attack your forum.
So we can protect you as best as we can, I will need admin rights on your forum, so I can patch it and avoid you being hacked.
Please give me your login as soon as possible, so I can protect you from his hacking attempts.

Please also see an example link of how he proceeds : http://www.----.com

We count on your fast collaboration, this is a serious threat.

Best regards,
Forumotion Administrator.

How to react :

- Do not answer nor click on any link !- Copy / paste the mail and send it to a staff member of this forum if you want to be sure it's a fake.NOBODY will ever ask you your password within the staff of Forumotion. We do not need this information to ensure the security of your forum!

OK for mails, but I've got a PM from Forumotion ... ? ?
Same principle. If a member registers on your forum to send you a PM claiming to be Forumotion:

- Do not answer nor click any link !- Save the mail account he used, - Copy / paste the PM and send it to a staff member of this forum if you want to be sure it's a fake.

If you have received this via the Contact option  (reference [Contact] appears in the title)

- Do not answer nor click on any link !- Save the mail account he used, - Copy / paste the message and send it to a staff member of this forum if you want to be sure it's a fake.

Obviously, Forumotion never uses private messages to contact a forum administrator. Wink
Best,
(The real) Forumotion Team Smile
Updated by Base - November 1st, 2012

Last edited by Typlo on December 9th 2009, 6:18 pm; edited 2 times in total

Buttercup
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Language: French, English

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top