The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to add forumotion blog to my own domain?

3 posters

Go down

How to add forumotion blog to my own domain? Empty How to add forumotion blog to my own domain?

Post by peel December 9th 2009, 11:07 am

Hi please move if in wrong section
Is there anyway to buy my own domain for a forumotion forum or add it as a subdomain/folder to my own domain? i.e. mysite.com/forums
I have proof that it can be done: http://www.dockpenguins.com/forum.htm
Also, can I keep the forumotion tools/themes if I do so (the guy in the link above seemed to have made his own theme)
peel

Language : English

Back to top Go down

How to add forumotion blog to my own domain? Empty Re: How to add forumotion blog to my own domain?

Post by Lozu December 9th 2009, 11:29 am

You can do some settings in your ACP to do that!!!
or
That person might using a hot where you can have multiple URL!!!
---
Thanks,
Lozu
Lozu
Lozu
Forumember

Language : ENGLISH

Back to top Go down

How to add forumotion blog to my own domain? Empty Re: How to add forumotion blog to my own domain?

Post by peel December 12th 2009, 7:42 pm

Hi can you explain more? IM not that experienced? Whats ACP how is the hot thing work?
peel

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario December 12th 2009, 7:47 pm

Admin Panel. You wanting to buy a domain and then transfer it to your own host? You can make your own theme any time you want doesn't change anything.
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down

Post by peel December 12th 2009, 9:31 pm

OK so after I buy a domain, there will be an option to transfer my forumotion forums to that domain?
peel

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario December 13th 2009, 12:01 am

You can only transfer a domain name to another host. No data will be transferred since Forumotion owns it.
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by peel December 14th 2009, 12:01 am

Ok, then, does forumotion give any special features or would it just be the same if I just started with my own domain and used phpbb. (like, are the features forumotion offers [admin panel, customization, skins] not available if I did it on my own?)
peel

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario December 14th 2009, 1:42 am

Nothing
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down