The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Setting Specific Moderators

4 posters

Go down

Solved Setting Specific Moderators

Post by Subumnimis December 12th 2009, 3:03 pm

I have a question, do not know if this is the right place to post it, but here I go. I can navigate through all the Admin functions, but I can't seem to assign individual people to moderate one forum.

I create my categories and then the forums, then in the advance permissions it only lets me choose the entire group of moderators to moderate that specific forum. In other words, how can I just have one person moderate one forum, instead of the entire group of Mod's

For example: I have a forum called "Anything Chat", in the permissions there was the check box to have moderators mod it...so it means all members of that group are moderating that forum. I only want to have like one or two people per forum to moderate them, not an entire group.

Is this able to be modified or is it the way Forumotion just happens to have it set up? If you guys could answer that question or solve the issue, that would be great.

Thanks
Subumnimis

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Setting Specific Moderators

Post by Jophy December 12th 2009, 3:56 pm

you can't assign individual person to moderate a single section if they're on a group unless you create another group for them where you can set them moderate only on a certain section.
Jophy
Jophy
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario December 12th 2009, 6:21 pm

Admin Panel >> User & Groups >> Search User >> Click on the user >> Click Permissions >> Click the section(s) >> Save

Then go to General Tab >> Categories & Forums >> Click the forum >> Permissions >> Uncheck the box for that group >> Save
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down

Post by Subumnimis December 13th 2009, 5:38 am

Yet again support, you guys come through for me. I now have individual people as mods instead of the whole group.

Thank you and this has solved my issue. :wouhou:
Subumnimis

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket December 13th 2009, 1:56 pm

Since this thread appears to be solved, I will lock this thread and mark it as solved.
Setting Specific Moderators 2j4t5a8

Sanket Smile
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Back to top Go down