The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chat box Users unable to Connect and Co-Admin Rights Issue

3 posters

Go down

Chat box Users unable to Connect and Co-Admin Rights Issue Empty Chat box Users unable to Connect and Co-Admin Rights Issue

Post by A Mouse December 17th 2009, 3:59 pm

I'm having issues with users not being able to connect or use the chat-box at all. I created the forum for users of a game I play and its proving very useful except that I need the chat-box and not all of my users seem to be able to use it.

The other is my Co-Admin I gave her rights to the admin panel but it doesn't seem as though its helping me at all she's told me that she is having issues connecting to things that she shouldn't have an issue connecting to and I'm not even sure if she has access to my admin panel.

Last edited by A Mouse on December 17th 2009, 4:33 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Title)
A Mouse
A Mouse

Male Posts : 4
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Chat box Users unable to Connect and Co-Admin Rights Issue Empty Re: Chat box Users unable to Connect and Co-Admin Rights Issue

Post by Sanket December 17th 2009, 4:06 pm

Hi, your title not being specific and therefore not facilitating research via the search option, I'm not answering (nor is any other member ) until you change your title to a more specific one, related to your problem

Why do we ask you to use explicit titles
Code:
The forum's search engine bases its research on keywords found in [b]topic titles[/b].

When you do a research, do you use "help", "urgent", "problem", "SOS" or "question" as keywords to look for topics about your problem/question?

Certainly not!  So this is why it is important to use titles [b]related to your problem/question[/b].  Doing this makes the researches much easier for visitors who use the search engine to get an answer to their question.

Thanks for your understanding.

Cordially
Forumotion Staff
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Back to top Go down

Chat box Users unable to Connect and Co-Admin Rights Issue Empty Re: Chat box Users unable to Connect and Co-Admin Rights Issue

Post by A Mouse December 17th 2009, 4:12 pm

Sorry I'm not sure if that helped I'm not even sure what the issue is. I'm 19 and this is my 3rd forum and the first time I've had these kinds of problems.
A Mouse
A Mouse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket December 17th 2009, 4:15 pm

What do you mean by chatbox problems? Auto logging out? If thats the case, there is no way to fix it.
Maybe you can install a chatbox from xat.com or something.

Did you add the user to the administrator group to give the user admin access?
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Back to top Go down

Post by A Mouse December 17th 2009, 4:18 pm

Its not all of them but they can't log in at all. My Co-admin gets a message saying that the IT master won't allow her access to it at all.

I've added her to the admin group yes but when I talk to her about her admin panel she tells me that she can see it but its being blocked still.

I'm completely baffled as I've never had anyone have this kind of problem.
A Mouse
A Mouse

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk December 17th 2009, 5:24 pm

whats the link to your forum. and also try disabling it for a wile then re-enable it. i can give you a code to test out and see if the same thing still happens but i will need your forums link to do it.

it's possible it could be a corrupt skin, or even a template needs to be deleted. i dont know it can be a few things? also what version are you useing?
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down