The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Email address invalid problem - Please help.

3 posters

Go down

Email address invalid problem - Please help. Empty Email address invalid problem - Please help.

Post by DrewBlank December 17th 2009, 8:52 pm

Hi!

A person wants to join as a member of my forum but gets a message ......... "Sorry, but this e-mail address is invalid." He's wondering why and if it's because the Email address (he's a commercial game developer), begins with the word 'info'.

Can you help please?
DrewBlank
DrewBlank
Forumember

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Email address invalid problem - Please help. Empty Re: Email address invalid problem - Please help.

Post by Sanket December 17th 2009, 8:55 pm

Well i am not sure what it could be. But the most probably reason being that the email address is not a recognized one.

Well you could ask the user to use email address from gmal or yahoo or hotmail.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Back to top Go down

Email address invalid problem - Please help. Empty Re: Email address invalid problem - Please help.

Post by DrewBlank December 17th 2009, 9:03 pm

Hi Sanket. Thanks for replying quickly. I'm going to send you the actual Email address by p.m.. Hope that's okay. It's an Email address he uses all the time for his comapny Unimatrix Productions, and has done during production and release of at least to previous commercial games. This is his website; Unimatrix Productions I'll send the p.m. now. Thanks Sanket.
DrewBlank
DrewBlank
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario December 17th 2009, 9:07 pm

Check in the inactive user list

Admin Panel >> User & Groups Tab >> Inactive List
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down

Post by DrewBlank December 17th 2009, 9:11 pm

Hi Mr Mario.
Nothing there. Only a few users who haven't posted in the forums yet. Nothing anywhere else.

Also, somebody else using your forum software is having the same unresolved problem with addresses beginning with 'info'. Can you help us please. My applicant cannot change his Email address, and he would be a high value member to my forums. I found this unsolved post;

"No notification of new accounts
by mundoaudiofilo Today at 11:45 am

From today I no longer appear to be getting notifications of new accounts, my forum is set up so that the administrator activates accounts, but yesterday it was fine but today it doesn't work.

Also before it sent notifications to e-mail address that started info@... now if it starts with info it tell you invalid email address.

Any ideas?

Ta."

Last edited by DrewBlank on December 18th 2009, 1:20 am; edited 1 time in total
DrewBlank
DrewBlank
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket December 18th 2009, 6:06 am

I don't think the email which you provided can be accepted. Because i believe forumotion does not accept such extensions since it cannot verify it. There is no other way for him to register than as i suggested in my earlier post.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Back to top Go down