The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adding a widget to bottom of page

3 posters

Go down

Adding a widget to bottom of page Empty Adding a widget to bottom of page

Post by nelmel December 18th 2009, 3:49 am

1.) I want to add an ESPN Sports ticker "widget" to the bottom of my page, but dont know exaclty how to go about it. I'm a novice at code, infact I wouldn't even go that far. But if I put it in the widget column on the left, the column isn't wide enough. How do I get it at the bottom of the page so it can just scroll across?

2.) I want to seperate all my forums in a organized fashion, how do I do this? If I list different catagoryies, then put the forums in these categories-it still looks like a bunch of forums in one row. There is no uniformity. Here is my site, maybe you can get what Im talking about:

I would like a heading above each sub topic, and then put the forums under these topics of interest. Does this make sense?

MaddenVille.forumotion.net

Thanks,

Larry
nelmel

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Adding a widget to bottom of page Empty Re: Adding a widget to bottom of page

Post by MrMario December 18th 2009, 3:55 am

1) Widgets can't be moved to the bottom they are only on the side.
2) Admin Panel >> Display Tab >> Index Packing >> Pick what you want >> Save
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down

Adding a widget to bottom of page Empty Re: Adding a widget to bottom of page

Post by Rok December 21st 2009, 4:15 pm

I'm pretty sure the Portal allows you to add many widgets in the middle of the page.
nelmel wrote:How do I get it at the bottom of the page so it can just scroll across?
For a scrolling effect, add this marquee:
Code:
<marquee onmouseover="this.setAttribute('scrollamount', 0, 0);" onmouseout="this.setAttribute('scrollamount', 6, 0);"> WIDGET SCRIPT </marquee>

For the second thing you wanted... try what MrMario said above or:
ACP; Display; Homepage: Structure and Hierarchy; choose your setup (most preferably 'Split categories on index : Medium'. Wink
Rok
Rok
Energetic

Male Posts : 6823
Language : idk

Back to top Go down