The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unwanted People Plagiarizing My Forum Contents

+2
MrMario
6 posters

Go down

Unwanted People Plagiarizing My Forum Contents Empty Unwanted People Plagiarizing My Forum Contents

Post by 1059860 December 22nd 2009, 10:35 pm

Recently, someone from another Forumotion account has been plagiarizing my forum contents. We've hid the area to a members-only section and yet he as repeatedly created multiple account (4 already known and banned; I also have banned his IP and e-mail but he apparently can change his IP and create new e-mails), yet somehow he is still able to do so. I am probably sure that he either has maybe another account on my forum, or has saved all the contents he was has been trying to copy to somewhere on his computer and later copy-pasting on his website. I am not sure how to fix this but I don't writing hours of guides on my forum for my members to read just so he can copy and paste like that and get away with it.

I know the topic of the forum may be trivial and just a mild interest of mine and my forum members that may not interest anyone else here reading it, but everyone should know how frustrating it is when dealing with content-thiefs who can just get away with everything.

I also would like to announce that I wrote the articles (posts) myself, so nowhere on the net besides my forum and the content thief's forum can you find that very same article (post), therefore also noting that he has indeed plagiarized MY contents, not from another source. You may search on any search engines to confirm this.

Below I am going to post some links and elaborate on some evidences:

Comparative Links:
My Forum Index: http://monakuskarion.heavenforum.org
Content Thief Index: http://theemeraldrain.forumotion.com

Category of my forum being stolen from: (Members Only) http://monakuskarion.heavenforum.org/weekly-pokemon-all-star-f13/
Category where stolen contents are being pasted:http://theemeraldrain.forumotion.com/potw-f22/
*I made that category on my forum Members only to fend off people like him but apparently it didn't help.

One example of an original article that has been stolen (Members Only): http://monakuskarion.heavenforum.org/weekly-pokemon-all-star-f13/wpas-swampert-t762.htm
Stolen article being pasted at: http://theemeraldrain.forumotion.com/potw-f22/potw-swampert-t392.htm#3995
*Please take notice that I posted my at a earlier time. That will go for ALL of the articles he stole from me. Also, please take notice at the POST DATE, not the date in which I typed on top of the article since that can be manipulated & changed.

A few evidences:
- All of the stolen articles were pasted word for word.
- The Introduction To This Category was even copied word for word, besides he took out my username and replaced with his on his forum. Nowhere does he give me any credits, let alone my permission to allow him to copy the contents. Even within the Introduction forum thread, he retained the name of MY "Weekly Pokemon All-Star" category name, even though he changed his title to something different. Apparently he forgot to change it.
- His copied contents have no format (things like the "Quote:" in my original post before a quote just became a raw word "Quote:" in his post.) Here is an image:
https://2img.net/h/oi46.tinypic.com/675pqf.jpg

- All of the stolen contents were posted at a later date.
- Some contents contain subjects that are only applicable to my forum.

And you may be wondering, have I tried to ask him to take the contents off, and yes I have. He not only refused but also was very rude to my members and me, flaming others with racist remarks in private messages on the chatbox. I have 2 screenshots as evidence, but I am not going to post them here since he has used offensive languages.

Please understand the my frustration, and any help, tips, and such would be highly appreciated. It would be even better if there's something that could be done to prevent him from further copying more contents and/or even delete all contents that has been copied if possible because I don't think Forumotion should tolerate reported plagiarism (which I am pretty sure it is illegal).

If you want additional evidences and maybe those 2 screenshots which contain profanity, I'd be glad to give them to you (if you can just please kindly PM me for them instead since I want to keep this board clean).

Thanks for reading!

P.S. Recently also his forum has received some unwanted guests and spammers, yet he blames my forum. We have nothing to do with him.

Last edited by 1059860 on December 28th 2009, 1:48 am; edited 1 time in total

Male Posts : 5
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Unwanted People Plagiarizing My Forum Contents Empty Re: Unwanted People Plagiarizing My Forum Contents

Post by MrMario December 23rd 2009, 1:55 am

You will need to contact Typlo with this.
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down

Unwanted People Plagiarizing My Forum Contents Empty Re: Unwanted People Plagiarizing My Forum Contents

Post by 1059860 December 23rd 2009, 2:21 am

Shall I PM Typlo?

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario December 23rd 2009, 2:42 am

Correct
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by BrickMaster December 23rd 2009, 3:23 am

Hopefully everything gets worked out.

Isn't there an option to disable right-clicking on our forums?
BrickMaster
BrickMaster
Forumember

Male Posts : 253
Language : English, CSS, HTML

http://www.brick-builder.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario December 23rd 2009, 5:11 am

Yes there is. We have a topic that yo can use to help you with it => [LINK]
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by Jophy December 23rd 2009, 5:12 am

you can protect your site by going to copyscape.com then enter your site there to be protected, you can also get their banners and put it on your forum where it says, do not copy, this way, it will reduce the plagariasm.
Jophy
Jophy
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924

Back to top Go down

Post by 1059860 December 24th 2009, 7:52 pm

@ MrMario: Apparently I tried the 2nd code for the forum (no pop-up version) and it has did absolutely nothing. I went into Site Description box and pasted the code. I have sent a PM to Typlo, also referring to him back at this post for details that I've posted but no response so far.

@ zoids25: How does CopyScape work with that? And I doubt a banner would help of he has made his way to register four emails and changed his IP four times just to bypass my ban.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket December 24th 2009, 8:30 pm

Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Back to top Go down

Post by Tarogasini December 25th 2009, 12:34 am

1. That code is bypassable anyway
2. Copyscape is empty threat... Like those stickers you put on your door saying "This house is protected by -insert name of security firm here-". It can scare people off, but in fact does nothing.
Tarogasini
Tarogasini
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1351

Back to top Go down