The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chatbox size...

3 posters

Go down

Chatbox size... Empty Chatbox size...

Post by TMP January 17th 2010, 4:59 pm

Is there any way to change the size of the chatbox? It's way to big Sad

(Link to my forum: http://thamakaveliprophecy.forum.st/forum.htm)
TMP
Forumember

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Chatbox size... Empty Re: Chatbox size...

Post by Final-Blond January 17th 2010, 10:14 pm

Hey !

Hi,

I tried to reduce the CB Invision version (it's the version of your forum is'nt it ?), but seems impossible to do it consistently.

What can be envisaged is a shrink CB with a click via a widget ...
It has a button open / close and can be displayed on all pages if the widget in a forum one.

Do you want to try this?

Exemple : closed : Chatbox size... Captur22

open : Chatbox size... Captur24
Final-Blond
Final-Blond
Forumember

Female Posts : 117
Language : French, English, German

http://www.sos-forum.com/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by TMP January 18th 2010, 5:04 pm

No, that's not what i want Smile Thanks for the help tough, i would like the CB to be smaller. Can it be done if i use another forum version/theme?
TMP
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Final-Blond January 18th 2010, 9:26 pm

I think it's impossible or very unstable because it is a script and an iframe over it, and whatever the version unfortunately.
Final-Blond
Final-Blond
Forumember

Female Posts : 117
Language : French, English, German

http://www.sos-forum.com/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk January 18th 2010, 10:27 pm

you can try this. i have tested it on my test forum and it should work once you are logged into your forum.

This is an iframe forumotion CB code that rono had created a wile back.
you can adjust the width and height to what you like.. you might have to do it a few times until you have what you want.

Code:
<iframe frameborder=0 width=700 height=300 src=http://thamakaveliprophecy.forum.st/chatbox/chatbox.forum marginheight=2 marginwidth=2 scrolling=no allowtransparency=yes name=chatbox style=border:#002EFF 1px solid;border-top:0px></iframe>

No what you will most likely want to do with this is not show the forums default chat..And you can place this in a few places.. basically anywhere you want it.

i would suggest either in your home page message,your announcement.. that will allow it on every page.. or you can even size it up nice and put it in a forum descrition.. or better yet if your useing phpbb2 or punnbb version then you can add to your template..

And this is your forums chat box.. just like the one you have all members will have to be logged in the forum to use it.. but like i said you would probly not want to show your forums chat.. but i belive it still has to be enabled for this code to work.. i never tested that.. but anyway this is what you want if you want to re size your chat box.

actually here is a preview on my test forum.. log into your forum first and go here and you will see your chat box and can even chat on it form my place if you wanted too.. hehe thats cool.Now of course i can not chat on it unless i was a registered member and logged into your forum.. but you get the idea.

Chat box example
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Post by TMP January 19th 2010, 9:48 pm

kirk wrote:you can try this. i have tested it on my test forum and it should work once you are logged into your forum.

This is an iframe forumotion CB code that rono had created a wile back.
you can adjust the width and height to what you like.. you might have to do it a few times until you have what you want.

Code:
<iframe frameborder=0 width=700 height=300 src=http://thamakaveliprophecy.forum.st/chatbox/chatbox.forum marginheight=2 marginwidth=2 scrolling=no allowtransparency=yes name=chatbox style=border:#002EFF 1px solid;border-top:0px></iframe>

No what you will most likely want to do with this is not show the forums default chat..And you can place this in a few places.. basically anywhere you want it.

i would suggest either in your home page message,your announcement.. that will allow it on every page.. or you can even size it up nice and put it in a forum descrition.. or better yet if your useing phpbb2 or punnbb version then you can add to your template..

And this is your forums chat box.. just like the one you have all members will have to be logged in the forum to use it.. but like i said you would probly not want to show your forums chat.. but i belive it still has to be enabled for this code to work.. i never tested that.. but anyway this is what you want if you want to re size your chat box.

actually here is a preview on my test forum.. log into your forum first and go here and you will see your chat box and can even chat on it form my place if you wanted too.. hehe thats cool.Now of course i can not chat on it unless i was a registered member and logged into your forum.. but you get the idea.

Chat box example
Thanks Kirk! I put it in the HTML page but it didn't work, i could see it when i pressed: 'Preview' but when i applied and went back to my forum the change was gone. I think i'm doing something wrong as i have absolutely no knowledge in HTML coding. I wasn't able to change the width and height independant either, if i changed the width the height automatically changed to. I hope that can be fixed Smile And right now i have to go but i'll definatly fiddle arount with it tommorow Wink
I figured it out! Thanks Kirk! Now only one problem remains(see below)

But does this also mean that i can put any chatbox in that Iframe? That would be so cool! Would it also be possible to put a shoutbox in that frame(one that doesn't have a log-in would be nice)?

I also have another question that i've been trying to figure out for over 5 hours now.
http://makaveli-board.net/ Do you see the border around the whole forum? I would really like to have that, and i already have the images ready but i just don't know how to use images as a border. I hope it's allowed to ask 2 questions in one topic because i am really starting to get desperate Sad

Thanks in advance,
- TMP
TMP
Forumember

Back to top Go down