The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I need explicit Directions on how to export Themes

2 posters

Go down

I need explicit Directions on how to export Themes Empty I need explicit Directions on how to export Themes

Post by Guest August 3rd 2007, 3:57 pm

Ok I have decided to make a bunch of themes.

I want to know if there is a certain file type to save it to etc.

Back to top Go down

I need explicit Directions on how to export Themes Empty Re: I need explicit Directions on how to export Themes

Post by Cornelia August 3rd 2007, 9:51 pm

Hello Kilsek.

If you use a personal album (ex : photobucket) or Web space to host your pics for your themes, I advise you to use the .bbtheme file ONLY for colors, to avoid having your bandwidth drained since this format saves the pics URLS, so when this file is imported, the pics stays hosted at the same location.

Personally, I use my photobucket album to store my pics when I test a theme I make, so I use the bbtheme file only for colors.

Pictures : I give the same filenames as the ones of the subsilver style. This makes things easier if someone wants to quiclky change a sking by renaming the folders where their skins are located in their FTP account or photobucket album.
I classify them according to the admin panel (general-explore, buttons, etc.)

Colors : I usually use a bbtheme to make color import faster, but I also list them in a HTML file named "colors"

If your skin has a customized CSS, you have two choices :
- make a .txt copy, so the admin will copy-paste the code in Admin Panel > Styles Admin > Colors > Activate the CSS
- make a .css file, to have it hosted then linked in the site description.

You can also include a .js file for the .png transparency, if your pics are in transparent PNG format.

If you want to include both CSS and JS in you theme, use the Free Field of the script generator to include the CSS code. Then you validate and copy-paste the js file address in yout notepad, then at the end, include the pngfix code and save it in .js format.

If you can code in HTML or in XHTML, I advise you to create two HTML files : one where the color code list is located and where directions are given for some theme elements (install a .js file for example, etc.). The second one will list the pictures with the corresponding filenames, and where they have to be placed in the logos and pictures management.

Once everything is OK, you right-click on the main folder where all you theme elements are located and you do "Send to > Compressed folder". Now it's ready to be spread !

Everyone have their own method of work, but as I was in the lda-creation team in the past, my method is similar to larme d'ange's method. To help yourself, I suggest you to download one or two of my skins or larme d'ange's skins and study them.
Cornelia
Cornelia
Hyperactive

Female Posts : 4763
Language : I'M NOT A TECHIE OR A MOD, SO QUIT SENDING ME PMS FOR TECHIE STUFF OR LOST PASSWORDS !!!

http://ishimaru-design.servhome.org

Back to top Go down

I need explicit Directions on how to export Themes Empty Re: I need explicit Directions on how to export Themes

Post by Luky August 4th 2007, 8:15 am

Kilsek wrote:Ok I have decided to make a bunch of themes.

I want to know if there is a certain file type to save it to etc.

The file type that you can use to save your themes is .bbtheme
Luky
Luky
Energetic

Male Posts : 6106
Language : Romanian, English

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest August 4th 2007, 3:40 pm

Thanks all, now to see if I do it right

Back to top Go down