The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Login Box & Login Toolbar

2 posters

Go down

Login Box & Login Toolbar Empty Login Box & Login Toolbar

Post by kindi_somal January 22nd 2010, 9:06 am

Hi Everyone !!

I searched, but found nothing useful so I need ur help on following topics:

1. I want to create my own login box for my homepage (portal). Is it possible? If yes, then plz tell me the procedure.
However, I'm already using a login box (Built-in box), but I don't like it. I want it to be like the one on help.forumotion.com (i.e. appears to be like embeded in forum rather than like a table type. Hope u understand.

2. I want my login box to appear as a slightly transparent, so tht It can show the Background image of my home page. Or change the login-box's bg to the same as of home page.

3. I also saw on many forums tht they have small login box's embeded on their top. How to do tht? For example (see this page) : www.projectw.org

4. I also want to change by toolbar, i.e. a bar which contains: Index/Portal/Messages/Login or Logout/FAQ/Help/Gallery. I want it to be like my style. I it possibe? How?

Thanx in advance.
kindi_somal

Male Posts : 7
Language : Punjabi

http://kindi-love-jaggi.friendhood.net

Back to top Go down

Login Box & Login Toolbar Empty Re: Login Box & Login Toolbar

Post by kindi_somal February 3rd 2010, 8:43 am

Nobody replied, but I resolved two problems myself. I share it with others, may be, it help others.

My one query was to change the background of all widgets (including loginbox) + topics, etc. For this I need to edit the forum's basic css, which can be download or seen here:

Administration Panel > Display > Colors > CSS Stylsheet > See your forum basic CSS.

Download it & edit following properties:

td.row1,td.row3.over:hover {
background-image: url("https://i.servimg.com/u/f15/12/85/17/70/bg_pat11.png"); /* My bg added */
}

td.row2,td.row1.over:hover {
background-color: #dee3e7; /* this can also be replaced with ur bg image to change backgournd of row 2 & topic reply bg */
}

after changing these values, copy & paste whole CSS file into:

Administration Panel > Display > Colors > CSS Stylsheet > CSS.

& submit.

Don't forget to diactivate the basic CSS.

Thts it.

My second query was to change the toolbar (menu bar), which can be chagned from here:

Administration Panel > Display > Homepage > Headers & Navigation > Nav links > Add a customized menu.

Here u can add ur own custom menu buttons.

Thats it.
kindi_somal

Male Posts : 7
Language : Punjabi

http://kindi-love-jaggi.friendhood.net

Back to top Go down

Login Box & Login Toolbar Empty Re: Login Box & Login Toolbar

Post by screenshot February 13th 2010, 3:14 pm

Im really happy that u shared it : ) , Cheers Wink
screenshot
screenshot

Male Posts : 17