The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adding 2 BGs with CSS

5 posters

Go down

Solved Adding 2 BGs with CSS

Post by Rok February 1st 2010, 3:52 am

http://www.forumansion.com/Vibefu-h39.htm

Alright guys, I need a little help. I'm starting on some kind of social network html page thingy. What I want to do is have at least 2 background images on the page; I already have the blue background image with background-position:top center;. What I want to do is make that gray image below that blue background image set as a background image as well (with the position background-position:bottom center;). I've read many tricks on using both CSS2/3 with HTML to have two background images, but I could never figure it out because I'm a total novice at CSS. Anyway, I hope someone could help!

Test - new reviewing template font

Last edited by Rok on February 3rd 2010, 12:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Rok
Rok
Energetic

Male Posts : 6823
Language : idk

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Adding 2 BGs with CSS

Post by kirk February 1st 2010, 10:23 am

i went through something like this a few days ago.
i think this is something that would have to be created as one image then added to the background.. but ankillien may know a css. but everything i have tried that way never works.. like you can have an image in forums body line and another image as the background and even a image in the subject board or chat box.. but to have two images on one background the only way i see this happening is to use photo shop or some thing like that and make the background you want.. but then you have the sizing up issue so it can be a pain..

anyway i would ask jalo or ankillien they may be able to help.
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Rok February 1st 2010, 11:21 pm

but to have two images on one background the only way i see this happening is to use photo shop or some thing like that and make the background you want.. but then you have the sizing up issue so it can be a pain..
LMFAO! How stupid of me! I never thought of just combining both of the images together with GIMP.
I'll try that out, and if that don't work, then Jalo will be my friend for the moment. Thanks Kirk!
Rok
Rok
Energetic

Back to top Go down

Post by ankillien February 2nd 2010, 10:28 am

Hello,

The browsers don't seem to be supporting CSS3 multiple backgrounds yet. We need to do some trick for that. If you can provide me the background images, I would be able to help you further.

What exactly you want is blue background on top of the page and the gray one on bottom of the page, right? Or you want the gray to stay under blue but not at the bottom of the page?

Thanks
ankillien
ankillien
Energetic

Language : English, XHTML, CSS, JS, PHP, SQL

Back to top Go down

Post by Jalokim February 2nd 2010, 6:40 pm

multiple backgrounds work only for safari right now.

so css3 isn't your answer
if you have template editing you can create a new div behind the original one and add the background there...
Jalokim
Jalokim
Energetic

Male Posts : 6113
Language : English,Polish,CSS,HTML

Back to top Go down

Post by belenkas February 2nd 2010, 7:24 pm

+1 sorry, need it to pm one of moderators
belenkas

Language : Lithuanian

Back to top Go down

Post by Rok February 2nd 2010, 11:04 pm

Thanks everyone, but I've already solved the problem by adding both of the background images together as one image, and then setting that one image as the background. Thanks once again everybody! It's solved. Wink
Rok
Rok
Energetic

Back to top Go down

Post by ankillien February 3rd 2010, 5:54 am

Solved > Locked
ankillien
ankillien
Energetic