The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Terms of service

3 posters

Go down

Terms of service Empty Terms of service

Post by fishygirl February 2nd 2010, 19:10

Hi

I wonder whether someone can clear this up for me.

I have a classified section on my forum and in my rules state that I require 15 posts on my forum before you can advertise in this section. I have had a post on my forum from another member stating that what I have done is against the software providers AUP...?

"I think before people start going on like they know what there doing they need to look into the rules and terms of use on the software they use, as forcing a member to post to be able to use a certain function on the forum is against the software providers AUP but I guess you will already know that.

I am a stickler for covering my arse and my forums arse.

I study what we can and cant do so all avenues are covered if there is ever a problem.

Anyone can open a forum on free software and claim to have no rules and do as they see fit, thats why they close all the time, I was offering advice on something I have a working knowledge on."

Am I in the wrong, if I am can I please be told where I can get this information for future reference?

Many thanks

Fishygirl

www.fishy-tales.com
fishygirl

Female Posts : 8
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Terms of service Empty Re: Terms of service

Post by Jalokim February 2nd 2010, 19:44

There is no law against limiting a forum to priveledged personelle.

Just like you can give privelages to admins whith hidden forums so can you for other forums.
Forumotion give you the ability to set the number of posts needed to view certain forums... if its given as a standard feature by forumotion how can it be illegal?
Jalokim
Jalokim
Energetic

Male Posts : 6113
Language : English,Polish,CSS,HTML

Back to top Go down

Post by fishygirl February 2nd 2010, 19:50

Hiya

many thanks for your reply, I thought as much but wanted to get your expert opinion on it first.

How can I set the number of posts for member to view certain forums?

Cheers

Fishygirl
fishygirl

Female Posts : 8
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario February 3rd 2010, 00:34

MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper