The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Topic reply notification emails not stopping when requested

3 posters

Go down

Topic reply notification emails not stopping when requested Empty Topic reply notification emails not stopping when requested

Post by joanne_v 3/2/2010, 21:17

Ive only had my forum running a few days but members who have clicked to not receive email for topic notifications in their profile prefs are still getting them. Is there anything I can do to stop this? I usually want them but turned them to see what happened, lasted an hour or so but now they are back even though my prefs are the same....
joanne_v

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Topic reply notification emails not stopping when requested Empty Re: Topic reply notification emails not stopping when requested

Post by Sanket 4/2/2010, 01:58

Just go into profile>Topic being watched tab

Remove the topics from there.
Save
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Topic reply notification emails not stopping when requested Empty Re: Topic reply notification emails not stopping when requested

Post by joanne_v 4/2/2010, 05:31

Yep that works until the next time someone posts.... dont want members having to go to their preferences every time they post in order to stop getting emails. Why does the main option not work?
joanne_v

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario 4/2/2010, 08:20

Its not needed to do that every time. There is no option to disable this for all users.

Go to Profile // Preferences // look for email me for topics being watched // No // Save
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down

Post by joanne_v 4/2/2010, 15:56

Thats already been done MrMario but they are still coming through....
joanne_v

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket 4/2/2010, 16:09

Does it happen with new threads?
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down

Post by joanne_v 4/2/2010, 16:15

I've asked people to tell me if its all threads they've posted on or topics they have started, seems to be a mix.
joanne_v

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket 4/2/2010, 18:49

Well, just doing it via Profile>topics being watched
Removing all the threads.

Then doing as MrMario suggested to sort the settings for you.

You should guide your members to do this. Then give us a feedback.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down