The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Youtube and right of share

2 posters

Go down

Solved Youtube and right of share

Post by campionatuldewhist February 16th 2010, 12:24 pm

Hallo everyone,

i have saw other subjects here about this matter of sharing, but i was not pleased by the given answers.

Recently in one article i have read this:

There are a few European organisations who are fining community webmasters if they share YouTube hosted video's on their websites. An organisation called Sabam has already fined several websites with fines up to € 999,- for embedding illegal content from YouTube.

Reports tell us that several other organisations are planning to do the same in countries like France, Germany and the UK.

We would like to warn everybody currently in the Netherlands and Belgium that Sabam and Stichting Brein are sueing websites who offer illegal content through YouTube embedded movies.

It's clear that this organisations did not win the battle with youtube and they turn over to the poor simple sites and forum's administrator, more weak in defending and probably more scared to pay a fee. I also have one forum form the service of forumotion and i know that is a french service and France is one of the most sever country fighting for the copyright material. My questions are:

1) Can it be that our forums will pe fined but such an organisation in this matter?
2) In afirmative case of first question, who will be considered guilty for sharing: the forumotion service or the administrator itself?

Second question is quite interesting for me. We all know that the data base of the forums does not belong to us, the administrators, and also, we have no acces trough some ftp to php scripts. So no possibility to take out this Youtube embedded script and be safe that your big number of members will not posted hundreds of videos per day such that you have to delete them manually. I suppose forumotion has to defend us all in this problem.

I wait for a possible reply with good hopes. Thanks.
campionatuldewhist

Female Posts : 6
Language : Romanian

http://www.campionatuldewhist.net

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Youtube and right of share

Post by MrMario February 16th 2010, 11:33 pm

The best way of getting an answer of this is contacting Typlo as he is the one that works at Forumotion and can give you a better answer then anyone else.
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down

Post by campionatuldewhist February 17th 2010, 9:08 am

Ok, thanks.

I thought that contacting per PM will not give me an answer. I'll do that. Thanks again.
campionatuldewhist

Back to top Go down

Post by campionatuldewhist February 18th 2010, 9:46 pm

Well, typlo didn't answered yet, although he read my PM sent to him. Probably that's a too sensitive problem which will be indeed a problem in the future. I hope that it will not be so.

If somebody finds out news will be very appreciated if he let me/us know.

Thanks in advance.
campionatuldewhist

Back to top Go down

Post by campionatuldewhist February 20th 2010, 10:51 pm

Problem solved by an answer on the romanian suport forum.

If there will be the case of these fines, that forumotion as a company will pay. Admins are save in this matter.

Bye.

PS: thanks Typlo for answering to the romanian support service. Smile
campionatuldewhist

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario February 21st 2010, 1:23 am

Youtube and right of share Solved10Solved => Locked
MrMario
MrMario