The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Request for deletion of forum.

3 posters

Go down

Request for deletion of forum. Empty Request for deletion of forum.

Post by girlstar February 24th 2010, 4:27 pm

This morning I woke up to an email telling me that I had created the forum girlstar.4rumer.net. Which is odd, because I was asleep for the last 8 hours! I have never even heard of this site before. Someone, who seems like a young child, keeps using my email address (girlstar at gmail dot com), to register for things which leaves me with tons of spam in my inbox. Usually, there is some sort of verification link in the emails, which I just delete and safely assume they won't be able to post using the account attached to MY email address. Sometimes, there is no verification link, so I take it upon myself to reset their password and delete the account. Getting a new email address is no question, because too many people know it, and I have used the handle girlstar for over ten years now, so I'm not giving it up.

So imagine my horror as in this email from forumotion, there is no verification link. Even worse, the reset password link will not work, as this person has some setting enabled to prohibit their forum from resending passwords via email. In other words, your forum creation process does not employ any way to verify the user has actually inputted THEIR email that they have access to. Furthermore, you allow them to enable a setting which stops someone from doing something about it. And yet, I had to click on a verification link in my email to post this here?

I would appreciate it kindly if you could delete this user's forum, or perhaps contact them in some way to let them know that my email address is not their email address, and they must stop using it. I can send you email from my account to verify that I am the actual owner of the account if needed.

Thank you very much
girlstar

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Request for deletion of forum. Empty Re: Request for deletion of forum.

Post by kirk February 24th 2010, 6:58 pm

well i am confused. you are receiving verification links? OK blackeye
so you mark it as being spam.. dont click it if you dint create it or know what it's about.
if a person is using your emails to create something they still cant activate it unless they have access to your email account to activate it.. that means they would have to know the pass to your email to get in and activated it.. so why would you verify something you never created?

plus i am almost certain that all activating links sent in the message say something like?
(if you find this message to be a mistake or did not create the following then please disregard this message and mark as spam.. then it should have a link where to report it.

so i need to see what was sent and your email address.. but dont post it here.
private message it to me and i will hand it over to a admin to further investigate and take a look at for you.
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Post by girlstar February 24th 2010, 8:00 pm

I didn't verify it, nor did I receive a verification email asking me to approve the creation of the forum. I did however, receive a verification email to sign up for an account for THIS forum, so that I could post this post. I'm confused as to why one is able to create a forum without verifying their email, when the forum itself requires verification to sign up.

I have sent you the email I received in PM.
girlstar

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario February 24th 2010, 11:32 pm

Contact Typlo to delete your forum.
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down