The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I AM GOING TO THROW THIS COMPUTER!!!!!!!!!!!

+6
SweetMysty
*jayshree*
Cool-processor
Arashi Kasai
Sanket
Marthie
10 posters

Go down

I AM GOING TO THROW THIS COMPUTER!!!!!!!!!!! Empty I AM GOING TO THROW THIS COMPUTER!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Marthie February 25th 2010, 7:23 am

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE can somebody help me as everyone I have asked CANNOT help me!!!

Since I created my forum last week i have had issues with the Admin panel. As soon as I open it and I want to click on a TAB (General/Display/users) it opens the tab. BUT then when i click on the side options on the left it just jumps to home. Sometimes i have to click 22 times for it to go in then when i change something i want to it just jumps to home after clicking the save button!!!

IT HAS NOW TAKEN ME 7 DAYS JUST TO CREATE FORUMS AND IT IS VERY VERY VERY FRUSTRATING!!!!
Marthie

Language : English

Back to top Go down

I AM GOING TO THROW THIS COMPUTER!!!!!!!!!!! Empty Re: I AM GOING TO THROW THIS COMPUTER!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Sanket February 25th 2010, 7:57 am

Which browser are you using? Try firefox.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Back to top Go down

I AM GOING TO THROW THIS COMPUTER!!!!!!!!!!! Empty Re: I AM GOING TO THROW THIS COMPUTER!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Marthie February 25th 2010, 8:21 am

Ok,
Gonna download now and try
Marthie

Back to top Go down

Post by Arashi Kasai February 25th 2010, 8:29 am

I tried Chrome, at it gave me alot of problems, so i switched to Firefox and everything is OK...

Maybe the link connecting to the side part you were talking about is not correct
Arashi Kasai
Arashi Kasai
Forumember

Language : Singapore Forum Representative

Back to top Go down

Post by Marthie February 25th 2010, 8:31 am

What link? Im talking about the tabs on the left... like for instance under General, the Category and Forum tab etc

Im downloading Firefox, thanks
Marthie

Back to top Go down

Post by Marthie February 25th 2010, 8:49 am

Nope, same thing!!!!!!!!!!! IM DONE WITH THIS!
Marthie

Back to top Go down

Post by Arashi Kasai February 26th 2010, 2:56 pm

Erm...dont give up so easily dear boy...try changing your theme...or even your version.

Try phpBB3 or Invision...it worked wonders too.
Arashi Kasai
Arashi Kasai
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Marthie February 26th 2010, 6:13 pm

Thanks, but im really irritated.

Ok, i tried the theme a few times... not working.

How do I change phpB3? Do i have to create a new forum? I dont think i can do that, there are a lot of members already.

Anyone?
Marthie

Back to top Go down

Post by Arashi Kasai February 27th 2010, 11:05 am

No...Go to Admin panel ==> Displaye ==> Choose a theme ==> there you'll find 3 tabs...Hitskin.com, Styles, Version ==> Choose Version, and select phpBB3 or Invision ==> Click save.
Arashi Kasai
Arashi Kasai
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Marthie February 28th 2010, 11:26 am

Tried both... Still not working.

Thanks man!
Marthie

Back to top Go down

Post by Cool-processor February 28th 2010, 11:28 am

i use chrome and firefox and i really dont have any problems with the admin panel Confused
Cool-processor
Cool-processor
Forumember

Male Posts : 724
Language : HTML | CSS/3 | JQuery

http://www.creative-labz.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Marthie February 28th 2010, 11:33 am

Well I do. I tried IE, chrome, FF, clearing cache, changing type, changing theme, everything.

Im giving up. Im gonna have to get another type of forum, cause this is very irritating. Teh forum itself is fine, but its the admin panel.

Thanks everyone
Marthie

Back to top Go down

Post by *jayshree* February 28th 2010, 12:11 pm

s sad... Sad
*jayshree*
Forumember

Language : english

http://www.support.forumotions.in

Back to top Go down

Post by Marthie February 28th 2010, 12:17 pm

???
Marthie

Back to top Go down

Post by SweetMysty February 28th 2010, 4:14 pm

Arashi Kasai wrote:I tried Chrome, at it gave me alot of problems, so i switched to Firefox and everything is OK...

Maybe the link connecting to the side part you were talking about is not correct

really? I use chrome, and love it. Everything on my forum is much faster Smile

Marthie... I wish I could help you. Maybe you can let one of us (if you trust us) into your admin panel to help you out?
I'm sure that one of the admins or mods here would be kind enough to help you if you give them permission to your panel.
SweetMysty
Forumember

Language : Enlgish

http://www.abclounge.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ronie_iz_BaD1 March 1st 2010, 12:26 am

Don't give anybody any password, they know about forums as much as you do, just a bit more may be.
They can help you from here only as per the rules.

there mustn't be any such problem, but as there is a problem the solution is to ask for a tachnician, only he will look into the possibilities.
Ronie_iz_BaD1
Ronie_iz_BaD1
Forumember

Male Posts : 78
Language : english

http://ronieizbad.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 March 1st 2010, 1:47 am

Hello,

A few quick questions with your browsers.

• Have you cleared the cache & cookies (I understand that a new browser shouldn't have any cookies. but sometimes they do need to be cleared before anything works, its a rare scenario)
  • Restarted your computer?

• Tried Opera?

Can we please have the URL of your forum?

Never EVER let ANYONE other than yourself into your founding account, if someone needs to access your admin panel, ensure that they are trusted, and you trust them, and tell them they must make a new account.
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853

Back to top Go down

Post by Lanzaddt March 1st 2010, 4:03 am

Hi everyone!!!
Thanks for the info a I have the same problem...
however my main problem is another one...
I'll find the way to solve it!
Thanks again for the info...
Lanzaddt

Language : Spanish

Back to top Go down

Post by Arashi Kasai March 1st 2010, 8:35 am

Maybe you need the Forumotion team to inspect your admin panel or something like that.
Arashi Kasai
Arashi Kasai
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by SweetMysty March 1st 2010, 7:52 pm

Yeah... I wasnt saying to give out your pw to anyone... I just meant you could make someone an Admin on your forum so that they can look at it as well just to see if it works for them. I agree with the other though, I would probably ask one of the mods or admins here to take a look at your admin panel
SweetMysty
Forumember

Language : Enlgish

http://www.abclounge.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by best2010 March 2nd 2010, 3:57 am

spam ~ banned
best2010

Language : Chinese

Back to top Go down