The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

how do i hide the forums topics ant posts?

3 posters

Go down

how do i hide the forums topics ant posts? Empty how do i hide the forums topics ant posts?

Post by ksl-streams March 3rd 2010, 00:09

Hi guys, i know this might sound random, but how to i hide all the forums and categories and also posts? i know i can delete them if i wanted to but that now what i want. What i want is for people to still be able to see the home page message ive inserted but not the actual forums etc

I know i could set permissions so no one could see them but thats gonna take me forever to do.
is there some sort of html code i could place in the home page message to do it? or maybe one button click type of thing in the admin panel?

The reason for this is that at one time not so long ago (sounds like a fairy story right? lol) people would use the forums constantly but now all they seem to be doing is viewing the content on my html pages. So i wanna take the forums off and hopefully it will entice people to want to use them again. Then when that day comes i can have them back.
ksl-streams
Forumember

Language : english

Back to top Go down

how do i hide the forums topics ant posts? Empty Re: how do i hide the forums topics ant posts?

Post by Cool-processor March 3rd 2010, 17:09

i think you can hide them,but you can set the permissions so that members of your choice or guests can see that forum and get into that. Wink
Cool-processor
Cool-processor
Forumember

Male Posts : 724
Language : HTML | CSS/3 | JQuery

http://www.creative-labz.com

Back to top Go down

how do i hide the forums topics ant posts? Empty Re: how do i hide the forums topics ant posts?

Post by ksl-streams March 6th 2010, 22:53

ok, do u know how to hide them so no one can see them?
ksl-streams
Forumember

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Post by YanOri March 7th 2010, 01:01

ksl-streams wrote:ok, do u know how to hide them so no one can see them?

create a new forum...allow only administrators to see the contents in it..!
move all your topics that you want to hide there...
YanOri
YanOri
Forumember

Male Posts : 283
Language : English

Back to top Go down