The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Only show certain forums for certain groups

4 posters

Go down

Only show certain forums for certain groups Empty Only show certain forums for certain groups

Post by Oreias March 5th 2010, 1:29 am

Hello!

I'm quite new here but I like this place quite a bit and I'm picky on where I put my bum virtually Wink

I have a little question, I've been looking around here but I can't find what I'm looking for.

Is there a way to lock a forum (and hide it's posts from the latest posts thing) from users that aren't in a group that is connected to access that forum only?

Say, I've made two rooms now, Gangrel Clan and Brujah Clan, I only want members with the added group "Brujah Clan" to be able to access the Brujah clan room and not the Gangrel clan (and more rooms to come). If it's possible to hide the amount of posts that are being made in the other (In game) rooms than the room you're granted access too, then that'd be great as well. I hope I'm making sense here, it's quite late here at night but I try at least! If you're confused, do tell and I'll make a screen print and try to explain again. But basically, I want the group with the name of the same (In game) name to access only that room but not be able to view any posts of other rooms under that category or see how many posts are being made in other rooms but their own room. Also, is it possible to password protect each room with their own passwords?
Oreias
Oreias
Forumember

Female Posts : 36
Language : Swedish or English

Back to top Go down

Only show certain forums for certain groups Empty Re: Only show certain forums for certain groups

Post by Cool-processor March 5th 2010, 1:01 pm

you can set the permissions so that only certain members can view the topics there,they will be able to see the topics in the latest posts widgets but they cannot access to the post and see it.Wink
Cool-processor
Cool-processor
Forumember

Male Posts : 724
Language : HTML | CSS/3 | JQuery

http://www.creative-labz.com

Back to top Go down

Only show certain forums for certain groups Empty Re: Only show certain forums for certain groups

Post by Oreias March 5th 2010, 1:28 pm

Awesome! eermh... how do I do that? lol >< like I said, I'm a total n00b at this place (even though I'm not at all new with coding) so I can't really find my way around yet heh... is it possible to set it so only certain ranks can get into certain rooms or is it somewhere else?

btw, can you remove the latest posts all together? if so, that problem is solved for me too Smile
Oreias
Oreias
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Cool-processor March 5th 2010, 1:51 pm

ok

admin panel>General>Categories & FORUMS>choose the forum you want>Permissions Wink
Cool-processor
Cool-processor
Forumember

Male Posts : 724
Language : HTML | CSS/3 | JQuery

http://www.creative-labz.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Oreias March 5th 2010, 3:50 pm

Hmm.. it seems that the only permissions I can make are for admins and moderators and regular users? I can't specify which rank I want to allow in there? Sad This is so confusing lol! I tried making a group but then I have to add a group admin and I don't want to have to do that, or is that unavoidable? Can the same person be group admin for X amount of groups or only for one?
Oreias
Oreias
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Oreias March 6th 2010, 3:26 pm

anyone?
Oreias
Oreias
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by ankillien March 6th 2010, 3:31 pm

Hello,

It is not possible to give special permissions to ranks but groups.
You can create a 'hidden' group which won't show up in the legend of your forum but you set special permission for that group.
ankillien
ankillien
Energetic

Language : English, XHTML, CSS, JS, PHP, SQL

Back to top Go down

Post by Oreias March 6th 2010, 6:39 pm

Hmm... so how do I solve this Moderator for the groups? I don't want to have to place a moderator for each group I want them all to be equal to each other in there and only the appointed global moderators to be able to go in there and edit etc. Is that possible to do? Can I set myself as moderator on all of the groups and would I limit myself if I do that in to reaching all groups and not?
Oreias
Oreias
Forumember

Back to top Go down