The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Posts in a thread more than 999?

4 posters

Go down

Posts in a thread more than 999? Empty Posts in a thread more than 999?

Post by rob0213 March 9th 2010, 4:29 am

I was wondering if there is a way to increase the amount of max posts in a thread. Right now, when you hit 1000, it locks, closes and splits the thread. This is pretty kind of a issue, as many of my threads are going to go past 1000 posts. Is there a way around this? And if not, why is this?
rob0213
rob0213
Forumember

Language : English

http://thesector12.com

Back to top Go down

Posts in a thread more than 999? Empty Re: Posts in a thread more than 999?

Post by Sanket March 9th 2010, 5:14 am

Nopes, the limit is actually 990.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Back to top Go down

Post by williamhill77 March 9th 2010, 6:44 am

well thanks for providing the given information regarding the number of maximum values it colud have enter. I always wanted to know what would have been the limit. 990..would keep in mind... if u have some spare time..go through the links below...would help you further

LinkS Removed
williamhill77

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk March 9th 2010, 8:16 am

rob0213 wrote:I was wondering if there is a way to increase the amount of max posts in a thread. Right now, when you hit 1000, it locks, closes and splits the thread. This is pretty kind of a issue, as many of my threads are going to go past 1000 posts. Is there a way around this? And if not, why is this?

Sanket wrote:Nopes, the limit is actually 990.

Well that is the limited and to tell you the truth any thread that exceeds the maximum amount is a heck of a thread. but what you do is. you edit the last post of the thread with the link leading to the new thread where it's continuing.

then if like you can even make that a sticky for your members to know to continue to that thread.. or they will simply see the link leading to it in the last post of the first thread.

thats about all you can do. i mean i would prune a thread that big. who in the world is going to read or catch up on over a 900 replies comments in one thread.. but thats up to you.. obviously it's a hot thread. so as a admin i would just edit the link in the last post leading to the new thread, and once again since it's so popular i would make the continuing thread into a sticky or announcement thread for your members to know.
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Post by rob0213 March 9th 2010, 9:27 am

Thanks for the info. Each round of our forum game easily takes up 990 posts, so I was hoping there was some way around that.

Is there any reason why this limit was placed?
rob0213
rob0213
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk March 9th 2010, 9:46 am

dunno thats just the limit. but they do continue. so just be sure that your members know where it's continuing too and there should be no problem with it Smile

that must be one hell of a game to take up that much space per round though.. Wow rock
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Post by rob0213 March 9th 2010, 8:49 pm

Yeah, it's an interactive RPG/forum game. I think last round was 900+ posts, and we'll probably end up with around 1200-1300 this time.

Thanks for the info, was just seeing if I could "buy" room for more posts or if that was it. We'll deal. Appreciate it!
rob0213
rob0213
Forumember

Back to top Go down