The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 issues

2 posters

Go down

2 issues Empty 2 issues

Post by thesnipe March 10th 2010, 6:38 pm

Okay so currently i'm having 2 problems, at the moment users can make account with names such as ":!#@/" and use non alphabetical or numberical characters I want to make it only alphabetical and numberical so we dont get spammed usernames such as "#$%@#$@#$" also people can create 2 letter usernames such as ":/" or "ft" "cw" and i'm not sure how to change these things,

Overall
I need help changing lowest amount of characters a user can have to 3-4
I need help making it so users cant register with alt codes or "~!!@#$#$%#$%^&*" type usernames, this is extremely frusterating how on recent members there are 5 members with "$#%@#$%#$" usernames. or ":/ :] :S" usernames. bwi
thesnipe

Language : english

http://Gamecrypt.tk

Back to top Go down

2 issues Empty Re: 2 issues

Post by thesnipe March 10th 2010, 11:53 pm

... anybody know how to fix this??? Its been 5 hours with no reply.... seriously. I kinda need help with this.
thesnipe

Language : english

http://Gamecrypt.tk

Back to top Go down

2 issues Empty Re: 2 issues

Post by Kalliopi March 11th 2010, 12:24 am

Just to warn you that you are supposed to have a specific title to your questions, the mods & admins do not normally allow a question to be answered until the title is amended to state a specific question.

Bumping up your own topic within 24 hours is not allowed either. This is a very busy forum but everything does get answered eventually. Smile

The only way I can think of to stop them making those silly names is to got to General> Censoring> user name censor & add all the symbols you don't want them to use, one by one.

As for the ones you already have, if it was my forum, if they had posted, I would PM them ask them to let me change their user name to a new one of their choice, if not, I would delete their account, to be honest people with user names like that are unlikely to be useful contributors to your forum. I would personally get shot of them.

With regards to the length of a user name, I am sorry I don't know if you can change this, perhaps someone else can help.
Kalliopi
Kalliopi
Forumember

Language : English

Back to top Go down