The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Annoying white bars (3 problems)

4 posters

Go down

Annoying white bars (3 problems) Empty Annoying white bars (3 problems)

Post by thesnipe 11/3/2010, 17:41

Problem 1) Currently I've searched mostly everything in the display, on both advanced & simple, I cannot find why or a solution to these annoying white bars: Annoying white bars (3 problems) 2djv24g its annoying because It dosent look good.

Problem 2) I have no idea how to remove the following from the bottom of my forum Annoying white bars (3 problems) B7yu5w I mainly only want to remove birthdays & the calledar events, for privacy issues.

Problem 3) I copied the source code of that chatbox provided VIA the ACP and made an Html webpage using the code, but there is a problem that would occur on both, people can use [img ] blablabla [ /img ] and have pictures of all sizes appear, even if their innapropriate i'm not always there to remove them there HAS to be some way to resolve this issue.

Thanks alot!
thesnipe

Language : english

http://Gamecrypt.tk

Back to top Go down

Annoying white bars (3 problems) Empty Re: Annoying white bars (3 problems)

Post by Orphan Angel 11/3/2010, 20:31

I have that white bar problem aswell, I actually moved on, Also for third I dont think you can add restrictions tbh.
Orphan Angel

Back to top Go down

Post by thesnipe 12/3/2010, 06:47

Thanks, but my overall progress is, the problem is still there on all three, cmon... seriously no help after a decent amount of time, dont expect me to let it drop out of sight and to wait 24 hours,
thesnipe

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk 12/3/2010, 12:32

the white lines must be with the skin?
i am not sure i would need to know what skin you used and install it on my test forum.

problem two should be in your birthday management and calender options.
what version are you using?

and the last question?
you have to explain more i am not sure if i understand what you mean.
if you allow the chat box and members are putting things on there you do not approve of when you are not on.. then i would just turn it off when your not there then.. but i am not 100% sure what you mean either so please explain in more detail.

Last edited by kirk on 13/3/2010, 05:49; edited 1 time in total
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Post by thesnipe 13/3/2010, 11:07

The current skin i'm using is: vBulletin Bluefox Revised by Whogo & sample pictures of the style many dont have white lines or bars, also What i mean about chatbox is people can do image codes inside the chatbox, such as [img] and have images appear which can be very innapropraite and i'm not always there to monitor the chatbox anyways, its the same chatbox provided by the forum and acp. All i want to do is not allow html or image codes on the chatbox.
thesnipe

Back to top Go down

Post by thesnipe 14/3/2010, 01:15

Hello.... any help at all? Even with it being the style couldent it be fixed?
the white bar problem is really annoying wish the white was blue matching the others...
thesnipe

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 14/3/2010, 01:41

Hello,

As far as Q1 goes, thats related to the CSS of your skin, can you please help narrow the finding of the skin down by informing us the version, or the link to the actual skin from hitskin please?

Q2)
They should be in your birthday management and calender
options.

Q3) Well, you can't control it really, I suppose you can make someone a ChatBox Moderator, but that's all that you can do; You can not place any restricts on the forumotion default CB.
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by thesnipe 17/3/2010, 18:13

Sure thing here is link to the EXACT skin i'm using and even if their bars are white wouldent i still be able to change them??? anyways: http://en.hitskin.com/?afolder=theme&id=133983 and thanks Q2- Solved Q3 - frustratingly solved thanks hope you figure out the problem Wink
thesnipe

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk 17/3/2010, 19:28

it's part of the skin and i do not think there is a way to get rid of that even with css?
i would mark this as solved considering the other two questions are. then open a thread in the script and code section to see if there is some type of css to get rid of them.

or just go with a new skin.. hitskin has a zillion skins if the white lines are bothering you that much simply go with a different skin.i mean if i knew of a way to get rid of them i would tell you but i just installed it on my test forum and i see no way to remove it.

or you can install like a subsilver skin and just take all the colors and icons that are on that skin and put it in the new one.. now your skin should look like that and without the white lines.. dunno?
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down