The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How To Remove Google Ads

3 posters

Go down

Solved How To Remove Google Ads

Post by GG2012 March 22nd 2010, 6:34 am

I recently deleted the google ads in my footer that I once added in order to disable their ads from showing. But, they are still showing on the forum. I don't know where else they can be (I checked the header too).

I know about the "usercp>general>configuration>activate adds" but I think this will activate/deactivate all of the ads, correct? I only want to remove the google ads from showing..not my others. Someone please help?

Last edited by GG2012 on March 31st 2010, 6:26 am; edited 2 times in total
GG2012
GG2012
Forumember

Female Posts : 128
Language : english

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: How To Remove Google Ads

Post by Darren1 March 22nd 2010, 7:20 am

Hello,

The adds there are placed by Forumotion and can only be removed via purchasing their removal.
in the activate adds option, that is the adds that Forumotion has put there themselves, if you put ur own adds there, then they will remain active as their from a 3rd party and isn't controlled by forumotion Wink
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by kennethgrace March 22nd 2010, 9:08 am

Go to your admin panel then -->General--->Configuration----> Text ads activation (underlined) :--->choose ----->NO. That's what i did of mine 3 days ago and now no more adert from the googles.
kennethgrace
kennethgrace
Forumember

Female Posts : 33
Language : English and Tagalog

Back to top Go down

Post by GG2012 March 22nd 2010, 9:40 pm

darren1 wrote:Hello,

The adds there are placed by Forumotion and can only be removed via purchasing their removal.
in the activate adds option, that is the adds that Forumotion has put there themselves, if you put ur own adds there, then they will remain active as their from a 3rd party and isn't controlled by forumotion Wink

I don't mean the ads from forumotion that comes with the forum. I mean ads I had placed randomly in the forum. I now want them removed and followed the ad instruction to disable the one I had placed on there, it said if I delete the code I had added PunBB (I first had the PunBB2 version) then my ads wil nolonger be visible. But, I just want to remove my google ads, not my other ads and not forumotion ads yet.

Last edited by GG2012 on March 31st 2010, 6:25 am; edited 1 time in total
GG2012
GG2012
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by GG2012 March 22nd 2010, 9:43 pm

kennethgrace wrote:Go to your admin panel then -->General--->Configuration----> Text ads activation (underlined) :--->choose ----->NO. That's what i did of mine 3 days ago and now no more adert from the googles.

I didn't really want to deactivate all of my ads. Just somehow delete or deactivate the extra google ads I had placed there in the html code, as I will continue to use my remaining ads...it's just too much I think.

I already deleted the codes I placed in the html, but they are still lingering there. Unless somehow I had placed the code somewhere else, I don't remember. My version is PunBB.
GG2012
GG2012
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by kennethgrace March 22nd 2010, 11:38 pm

hmmm i look your website yeah,there is an advert by googles at the top of your forum and also at the right side.... its the same advert on my website b4..the html codes not related the advert even the version u using.....have you been trying....Go to your admin panel then -->General--->Configuration----> Text ads activation (underlined) :--->choose ----->NO. then hit save.that's the only way to deactive that advert...and GOOD luck!

How To Remove Google Ads Advert11

NO MORE ADVERT IN MY WEBSITE!

How To Remove Google Ads Wwc29l10
kennethgrace
kennethgrace
Forumember

Female Posts : 33
Language : English and Tagalog

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 March 23rd 2010, 3:53 am

Kenne, thats because your logged in, it would be different if u were not logged in Wink

GG2012, do the google adds have an image URL by any chance?
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by GG2012 March 28th 2010, 12:11 pm

Thanks Kenne, I have now tried this, but it did simplify the ads as in less amount of words. But they are still there at the top and on the sides unfortunately. When I sign out the top ad is still therem but the ads on the side are not visible.

Darren1, when I refresh the page there could be either an image url or text, because that was what I had selected from google to have both. I ust wanted to deactivate or remove them because I'm unableto get any thing from them at this time.
GG2012
GG2012
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 March 28th 2010, 12:47 pm

Thanks for clarifying a little further Smile

I'm still slightly confused.

So you want to deactivate your adds and leave the default forumotion ones active?

Would that be right?
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by GG2012 March 29th 2010, 1:11 am

yeah the forumotion ads and non-google ads to stay activated.

And google ads deactivated or removed. But I tried looking for any left-over codes in the editor that I had placed and I see nothing left, but they still linger on the site.
GG2012
GG2012
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 March 29th 2010, 2:00 am

If you placed the add there, you may have to remove it from the site you got it from?
Could you tell us the location of the adds as it sounds like it's forumotion's Google adds there.

When I visit your site ( http://theskinphilosophy.forumotion.net/forum.htm ) I don't see any adds myself.
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by GG2012 March 29th 2010, 2:11 am

Really?
When I log out, I still see the ads at the top and on the text ads on the sides. From google adsense. i tried that too, it read that i can just delete the code from the html. i couldn't find any contact info there, just FAQ which did not work.

Last edited by GG2012 on March 29th 2010, 2:48 am; edited 1 time in total
GG2012
GG2012
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 March 29th 2010, 2:15 am

And you have removed any codes that you know you added?

This add ( below ) is an add added there by forumotion, as you know
How To Remove Google Ads Ads_110
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by GG2012 March 29th 2010, 2:52 am

I believed so. I checked twice, but I will have to check again. I thought i added that there, and i'm able to manipulate the subjects of the ads such as i switched the ads to show skin care. what about the side google ads? they were not there b4.
GG2012
GG2012
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 March 29th 2010, 3:11 am

Could you take a screenshot of the side adds please, as I can't seem to find them?
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by GG2012 March 29th 2010, 3:42 am

they are located near the bottom of the page

Last edited by GG2012 on March 31st 2010, 6:26 am; edited 1 time in total
GG2012
GG2012
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 March 29th 2010, 11:50 am

hmm?

Maybe this is forced adds as I've noticed a change in the adds control.

Head back to admin panel >> General ( Tab ) >> Configuration > adds Do you still have the option to deactivate adds?
Or like me only have the option Text adds ( Underlined ) [ If you still have this, I think you should select no and save here to see if this help eliminate the problem ] and image and video formats at member ranges?
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by GG2012 March 30th 2010, 1:17 pm

darren1 wrote:hmm?

Maybe this is forced adds as I've noticed a change in the adds control.

Head back to admin panel >> General ( Tab ) >> Configuration > adds Do you still have the option to deactivate adds?
Or like me only have the option Text adds ( Underlined ) [ If you still have this, I think you should select no and save here to see if this help eliminate the problem ] and image and video formats at member ranges?

This is what's written:
.Activate ads : *All *Members and guests *Guest
.Text ads activation (underlined) : *All *Members and guests *Guest *No

For the "activate ads" I just recently selected "guest", instead of all. I recent;y selected "no" to text ads, but what does this mean exactly How To Remove Google Ads Mouais. This action was able to remove the ads from being seen by members. Maybe they were always forumotion's and I didn't realize? This maybe is all I can really do for now, until I finally buy a cname and credits.
GG2012
GG2012
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 March 31st 2010, 6:21 am

It does sound like just the Google adds put there by forumotion to me.

I believe this is all you can do until you purchase some credits for adds removal.
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by GG2012 March 31st 2010, 6:23 am

yeah, i think so too. thanks so much for assisting me bye
GG2012
GG2012