The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adding links to posts - Not working

2 posters

Go down

Adding links to posts - Not working Empty Adding links to posts - Not working

Post by vanbetta March 29th 2010, 12:20 am

Brought to my attention my a couple of my forum members -

When trying to add a link, either from another thread or from an outside url, we just keep getting a 404 - error msg.
I have tried adding a link and it wont work for me either. I have tried just copying and pasting a url directly in to the post and have tried using the add link function. Both dont work!

Please can someone tell me whats going on? I must say I'm becoming a little bit tired of all random problems that appear to be creeping in on forumotion forums:(
vanbetta
Forumember

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Adding links to posts - Not working Empty Re: Adding links to posts - Not working

Post by Sanket March 29th 2010, 5:33 am

I didnt really understand your problem.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Back to top Go down

Adding links to posts - Not working Empty Re: Adding links to posts - Not working

Post by vanbetta March 29th 2010, 1:23 pm

Dont worry...its working today....Oh hang Its not again:(

A member of my forum wanted to link one of her other threads to a new thread. She used the "Link" function found in the row of buttons above the reply box. But it didnt work. I have tried it too and once the link is posted it looks like this -a-new-betta-she-one-i-have-looked-at-before-t2919.htm">click here instead of saying just "Click Here". When anyone clicks the link it comes up with a 404 Error page.

I have tried pasting the page url directly into the post, but this doesn't work either.

This function was working on Saturday, but stopped functioning yesterday. I use this function regularly so know how to use it properly.
vanbetta
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket March 29th 2010, 3:12 pm

I am really lost, what is the code that you added?
Or which direct link did you add? Url to that page please?
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down

Post by vanbetta March 29th 2010, 3:33 pm

I will try and explain as best i can.

When you click "reply" to a thread you get the "post a reply" box up. Above the reply box is the row of functions. The 17th button along is the "Link" button. What has started to happen since yesterday is - we add the url of the site or url of the thread we want to link, we then add the word we want displayed when we post the reply.

Here is the example - the thread we are trying to link has the url - http://www.bettaparadiseforum.com/betta-showcase-f9/oops-a-new-betta-she-one-i-have-looked-at-before-t2919.htm with the display word "test" to be displayed on the post.

When we post it comes out like this - -a-new-betta-she-one-i-have-looked-at-before-t2919.htm">test

When you click that link it takes you here - http://www.bettaparadiseforum.com/betta-showcase-f9/%3Cimg%20src= which is a 404 Error page.

We have also tried simply posting the thread url directly into the post rather than using the "link" feature, but that doesn't work either. This isn't just happening to this example but all links we try and post.

This started happening yesterday. It was working ok on saturday as i used the link feature.
vanbetta
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket March 29th 2010, 9:06 pm

Okay lets not make this more confusing. Whats the link that you want to see?
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down

Post by vanbetta March 29th 2010, 9:55 pm

I just posted all that info in my last post!

The link we are supposed to see is - http://www.bettaparadiseforum.com/betta-showcase-f9/oops-a-new-betta-she-one-i-have-looked-at-before-t2919.htm

What we are seeing is -a-new-betta-she-one-i-have-looked-at-before-t2919.htm">test

That takes you too an error page.

So....the "Link" function on MY forum is not working.
vanbetta
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket March 30th 2010, 5:41 am

I didn't see anything, because the forum requires login.

Please post some screenshots, because i am really unable to understand your problem except that you are not able to post links properly.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down