The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adding Music To the Forum

3 posters

Go down

Solved Adding Music To the Forum

Post by Sepceli Thu 1 Apr - 4:20

https://help.forumotion.com/tricks-tips-f32/insert-background-music-t16239.htm

Hi everyone, I went to the link posted above and tried to find this path:
To add this player, go intro your Admin Panel => General => Homepage => Configuration - Homepage Message

I basically went to playlist.com and made a set list, now that I have the embed for that I just want to add it. First of all, would this be the proper place to do it, and what does the author of the tutorial mean by homepage, I see no link for that, and yes I am on advanced and I also toggled between both Admin interface and the default. Perhaps he means something else by it but I dunno ><

Appreciate your help as always.

Oh and will this work for my portal? Or can I just put it on my portal and do I follow the same steps or do I need to modify the portal somehow?

Last edited by Sepceli on Tue 6 Apr - 5:20; edited 1 time in total
Sepceli
Forumember

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Adding Music To the Forum

Post by Sepceli Tue 6 Apr - 0:54

- Bump -
Okay well how about a simple question: Where should I put the code I get from playlist.com if I am using a template and only want my music to show up on the portal page.

Assistance on this would be fantastic. I am worried about damaging the integrity/structure of the forums if I do this wrong.

Thank you.
Sepceli
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Agenda Tue 6 Apr - 1:03

Hi Sepceli,

First, don't worry about messing with the templates for a Playlist.com widget. You don't have to go that far. Razz

Yes, you can put the code in a portal widget. Here's how you do it:

1. Go ahead and go in your Admin panel. Click on the Modules tab up top and then click on Portal Management.

2. Click on the "Structure" link of the portal page you want to add it to. Next click on "Create a widget" (the yellow block button below the content of the portal). Paste in your code and create a name for the widget. Selecting "Use Table Type" will give the widget the standard header you have for the predefined widgets of the portal. Not selecting it will give you no header. That's all up to you.

3. Save the widget. Go back to the Structure of that portal and click on the Personal Widgets tab at the bottom. Find the name of your new widget and drop it where you want it.

4. Finally, click Save, and you're done!
Agenda
Agenda
Forumember

Male Posts : 172

Back to top Go down

Post by Sepceli Tue 6 Apr - 5:18

Thank you kindly! I appreciate all your help Agenda, and I am very happy with the results! I will mark this as solved.
Sepceli
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by ankillien Tue 6 Apr - 6:17

Solved > Locked
ankillien
ankillien
Energetic

Language : English, XHTML, CSS, JS, PHP, SQL

Back to top Go down