The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 bugs: Registration confirmation and forum name changing

3 posters

Go down

2 bugs: Registration confirmation and forum name changing Empty 2 bugs: Registration confirmation and forum name changing

Post by Vipe April 2nd 2010, 9:23 pm

Hi,

I just created my own forum and I notived 2 problems:

1. When new user registers and he gets email, then clicks on link to confirm registration - he gets message that "There is no such user" or something like that, but even that he is able to log in, so confirmation works, but the message is confusing.

I noticed that same problem exists when I registered on this forum to report this problem.

2. I created Invision-type forum and I made a typo in it's name while creating (the name that is visible on webbrowser title bar or in bookmarks), so I fixed it in administration but the change affected only the administration page (there is fixed title), but the main forum page still calls itself with a wrong name.

Any ready solution for this one, or do I need to wait?
Vipe

Language : English

Back to top Go down

2 bugs: Registration confirmation and forum name changing Empty Re: 2 bugs: Registration confirmation and forum name changing

Post by Sanket April 3rd 2010, 4:56 pm

2) General>Search Engines
Change it there
1) Is it happening for other users? I am confused
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Back to top Go down

2 bugs: Registration confirmation and forum name changing Empty Re: 2 bugs: Registration confirmation and forum name changing

Post by jake66 April 3rd 2010, 5:44 pm

1) I have this problem as well. I had a talk with MrMario about it. I told me it was a system error, and there was nothing anyone could do. I changed my registration to auto
jake66
Forumember

Male Posts : 178

http://www.computer-wizzy.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Vipe April 3rd 2010, 8:17 pm

Thanks!
Problem 2 fixed. Problem 1 is not so important and currently I cannot confirm it, I'll be back to this thread if it happens again.
Vipe

Back to top Go down