The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My members and myself are getting spam

3 posters

Go down

My members and myself are getting spam Empty My members and myself are getting spam

Post by Lilliansbabies April 7th 2010, 5:44 pm

Hi. Has anyone else have this happen please?

I have been getting emails, from one particular member which are nothing to do with the subject matter of my forum. The emails bear a members name, but clearly the content is an advert for a website you are encouraged to visit, most of them are just shopping websites. I asked my member of my forum why she was sending them, but she hasn't she says. She has had them herself from one other member and also one from herself to herself !! I believe her, and wonder if the 2 or 3 new members who have joined in the last two weeks have been responsible (just one of them probably).
I ask my members to introduce themselves to everyone, but these latest ones haven't done that or posted at all since joining. How do I find out which one it is, any suggestions.

Many thanks

Lillian.

My members and myself are getting spam Aoi_me10
Lilliansbabies

Language : english

Back to top Go down

My members and myself are getting spam Empty Re: My members and myself are getting spam

Post by Lizzard April 7th 2010, 6:51 pm

Lizzard
Lizzard
Forumember

Male Posts : 474
Language : Romanian, English

Back to top Go down

My members and myself are getting spam Empty Re: My members and myself are getting spam

Post by kirk April 7th 2010, 7:53 pm

well there's not much you can do. we get spam here all the time and it's a pain but it's all part of running forums. So all you can really do is just tell members if they are receiving spam in there pm to quote the post,copy it then send to staff so they can be banned.
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

My members and myself are getting spam Empty re spam Thank you for your response

Post by Lilliansbabies April 7th 2010, 9:40 pm

Thank you for your help. The spam is being received not through the PM, but into our email accounts we supplied as part of the registration. They are going straight there, not on the websites inbox. I can only imagine someone has made a note of the members emails and is sending out these emails, and if anyone has any advice on how to locate the culprit/s and ban them I would be gateful. :wouhou:

Thank you

Lillian.xx
Lilliansbabies

Language : english

Back to top Go down