The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

how can i add a games section over my site??

+5
ConsoleElosnoc
changyong
Nessa
Luky
cute_devil
9 posters

Go down

how can i add a games section over my site?? Empty how can i add a games section over my site??

Post by cute_devil 31/8/2007, 03:46

hi dear admin, mods and members,

can any body suggest me how can i put games section in my forum. i want to put a link for games beside the forum, calendar, members, usergroups, profile which shows at the top of the forum.

itz very important for my site. all users request to create a games section.

plz help me out.
cute_devil
Forumember

Male Posts : 157
Language : english

Back to top Go down

how can i add a games section over my site?? Empty Re: how can i add a games section over my site??

Post by Luky 31/8/2007, 09:03

You can create a games section in your forum.First you have to create an HTML page and then you insert your code for the game/games that you want.But then you have to add the page to the nav bar(where you have all the other options like login, register, gallery, calendar etc.)
Luky
Luky
Energetic

Male Posts : 6106
Language : Romanian, English

Back to top Go down

how can i add a games section over my site?? Empty Re: how can i add a games section over my site??

Post by Nessa 31/8/2007, 11:15

I did exactly what Luky said, and it worked for me. Good Luck with yours. Wink
Nessa
Nessa
Energetic

Female Posts : 6203
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by cute_devil 31/8/2007, 11:29

i dont have much idea about html code.

could u please make me understand by provididng details of it? please describe it.

i will b grateful tanx.
cute_devil
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Luky 31/8/2007, 13:52

There is a lot to talk about.I am not good myself with HTML but I do know I few things. but it would be best that you learn from other persons who know much more then I do so check out This Site and you will find some basic tutorials. If you still want to know more Try searching on google(works every time).Good Luck to you!
Luky
Luky
Energetic

Male Posts : 6106
Language : Romanian, English

Back to top Go down

Post by changyong 1/9/2007, 07:02

how can i add a games section over my site?? Menu2_01how can i add a games section over my site?? Menu2_02how can i add a games section over my site?? Cygameshow can i add a games section over my site?? Menu2_05how can i add a games section over my site?? Menu2_06

how can i add a games section over my site?? Menu2_07how can i add a games section over my site?? Menu2_03how can i add a games section over my site?? Menu2_10how can i add a games section over my site?? Menu2_11how can i add a games section over my site?? Menu2_13

U need like this sample???
changyong
Forumember

Male Posts : 25
Language : Chinese

http://elvin.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by cute_devil 1/9/2007, 13:08

changyong wrote:how can i add a games section over my site?? Menu2_01how can i add a games section over my site?? Menu2_02how can i add a games section over my site?? Cygameshow can i add a games section over my site?? Menu2_05how can i add a games section over my site?? Menu2_06

how can i add a games section over my site?? Menu2_07how can i add a games section over my site?? Menu2_03how can i add a games section over my site?? Menu2_10how can i add a games section over my site?? Menu2_11how can i add a games section over my site?? Menu2_13

U need like this sample???

yup games option will show like this but how can i put some games into this option? i mean some online games which my member can play from the forum?

plz do me a favor by letting me know. if possible i would like to request forumotion board to provide me an technitian.

waiting for reply............
cute_devil
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by ConsoleElosnoc 1/9/2007, 13:50

1. flash player

2. An html page

3. a swf file (this is the mini arcade game)

4. put it all together

5. have your members play it...

How to achieve 1-4?
Google for some free swf and html codes and you have your way to the arcade =).. good day
ConsoleElosnoc
Forumember

Female Posts : 229
Language : English/Chinese/ Opps..She has gone on a video gaming expedition!

http://clanfusion.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Caihlem 1/9/2007, 14:16

If I recall well, when I did similar on my forum, I notcied that a site called Mini Game proposed many free flash games Wink
Caihlem
Caihlem
Energetic

Male Posts : 8969
Language : English, French & Female

Back to top Go down

Post by zinex 1/9/2007, 15:02

i used addictinggames.com they provide the embed/link code with each game, so to make an arcade, call it arcade in the html page title, and add your wording, then just add the embed codes with <br> tag inbetween them.

I didnt make an extra nav button for mine, i just added the link to the table i have on my forum, you can make a link like this:

<a href="url to your arcade"><b>THE ARCADE</b></a>
zinex
zinex
Hyperactive

Female Posts : 2804
Language : scotch och aye!

http://asylum.forumotion.co.uk/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by cute_devil 1/9/2007, 15:31

tanx very much mates. i will try it out. if i got any trouble i will contact u ok?

bye all. keep fine.
cute_devil
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Caihlem 1/9/2007, 15:37

If you got any problems you'd better contact us how can i add a games section over my site?? Redface Razz
Caihlem
Caihlem
Energetic

Male Posts : 8969
Language : English, French & Female

Back to top Go down

Post by ConsoleElosnoc 2/9/2007, 02:23

^ he means contact HIM Very Happy
ConsoleElosnoc
Forumember

Female Posts : 229
Language : English/Chinese/ Opps..She has gone on a video gaming expedition!

http://clanfusion.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Buckethead 25/4/2008, 12:18

i have a problem,if you'd be so kind,go to my page: theemo.forumsactifs.com and click the pacman icon(cant miss it) then you'll be in the gamezone. scroll down and at the bottom you'll see just a code.this is meant to be my game,and all the html stuff is enabled.please help.
Buckethead
Buckethead
Forumember

Language : fish

Back to top Go down

Post by Zigian 25/4/2008, 23:54

it's not working for me either. I just did everything you guys said, but it just doesn't work. I almost got it to work by downloading the newest version of Flash Player, but it still didn't work...I'm really confused.

This is the code I'm trying to use...

<embed allowScriptAccess="never" width="450" height="325" src="http://www.arcadeboredom.com/games/files/Y3k.swf"></embed><br /><a target=_blank href='http://www.arcadeboredom.com'><strong>Free Flash Games</strong></a>and<a href="http://www.arcadeboredom.com"><strong>Free Online Games</strong></a>

Really, i have no idea how to use HTML, so I don't know what that means, but I'm 99% sure that it's the right thing.
Zigian
Zigian
Forumember

Male Posts : 42
Language : American English

Back to top Go down

Post by Buckethead 26/4/2008, 17:45

my friend,it is %100 right,ever since my response saying their suggestions(the html) have already been done and dont work.they've never responded to me once.soim guessing theres a bug at freeforum at the moment.
Buckethead
Buckethead
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Zigian 27/4/2008, 04:39

YES!!! I FINALLY FIGURED OUT HOW TO WORK THIS THING!!!

alright, for Buckethead...

go to the Admin Pannel=>Users & Groups=>Users=>User Settings and then just scroll down and you should find "Allow HTML" (User Settings is on the left nav bar once you go to Users, that's why I didn't find it, it worked for me).
Zigian
Zigian
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Buckethead 27/4/2008, 07:00

while i do appreciate this,i have had this done for weeks now,but thanks anyway. i do infact appear to have a bug,but ironically on the support forum there is no trustworthy direct support team.
Buckethead
Buckethead
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Zigian 28/4/2008, 01:54

well, I missed that part I was talking about...hope you figure it out sooner or later. And if anyone has any suggestions on games then please tell me Very Happy
Zigian
Zigian
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Buckethead 28/4/2008, 12:08

try the code on my page.Smile
Buckethead
Buckethead
Forumember

Back to top Go down