The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Posters with the same ip information

3 posters

Go down

Posters with the same ip information Empty Posters with the same ip information

Post by SweetMysty April 21st 2010, 6:14 pm

I hope this is the right place to ask this question. I had an "Offensive Poster" who joined my board last night, and make offensive threads and posts. His s/n was "offensive poster" lol. I knew who this person was, and he was banned, so that's not the issue. The issue is... when you click on his ip address it gives the same information as mine :| The ip numbers are a little different, but it gives the same location.. latitude etc. How is that possible? Also, it doesnt even give my accurate location to begin with... It says I live in Tyler Texas... the same as what his info said. But I know for a fact that he lives in West Virginia. I just want to know how two people can have the same information with you click on their ip addresses.
SweetMysty
Forumember

Language : Enlgish

http://www.abclounge.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Posters with the same ip information Empty Re: Posters with the same ip information

Post by Mehtevas April 21st 2010, 7:03 pm

This has happened for awhile on Forumotion. The IP Tracker they use isn't that most accurate IP Tracker in the world and does the same when i try to locate people. The best thing to do if you really wanna find someone's location is to find a good reliable locater on google. You have nothing to worry about. It's not like they are actually living right next to you or even in your house and doing it. The locator is just F'd up.
Mehtevas
Mehtevas
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2114
Language : Currently, I am receiving support requests by P.M. Support requests, which can, and should, be done in the support section.

Back to top Go down

Posters with the same ip information Empty Re: Posters with the same ip information

Post by SweetMysty April 21st 2010, 7:19 pm

I do have a reliable tracker... that is how I knew this person lived in West Virginia. I just didn't understand why he had the same information as mine on the site when you looked at our ip address. So it looked like we were the same people, and we're not. Does that make sense?

Okay... Here is the information for this particular person when you click on his ip address:
Country name: United States
Area: Texas
City: Tyler
Postal code: 75701
latitude: 32.318
longitude: -95.2921
Host: cdm-75-109-33-116.asbnva.dh.suddenlink.net
IP: XXXXXXXX

When you click on my ip address it says the same exact thing.. here it is:

Country name: United States
Area: Texas
City: Tyler
Postal code: 75701
latitude: 32.318
longitude: -95.2921
Host: cdm-75-109-33-116.asbnva.dh.suddenlink.net
IP: XXXXXXXXX

So, how did this person have my same information?
SweetMysty
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by SweetMysty April 22nd 2010, 9:17 pm

Okay, so it's been 24 hours now.. so I can post again. I was hoping that one of the mods here could help me. Maybe I'm not explaining it too well??
SweetMysty
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario April 22nd 2010, 11:12 pm

Could be that the data didn't update so its showing two people.
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down