The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is it acceptable for an Admin to go in and Change members settings

4 posters

Go down

Is it acceptable for an Admin to go in and Change members settings Empty Is it acceptable for an Admin to go in and Change members settings

Post by zaksmom April 22nd 2010, 2:51 am

Without their permission. Is it a TOS violation for the admin to access a members personal settings such as signatures and avatars as well as make changes to their accounts after they have been banned? Some of these changes include listing the users entire legal name in the signature and putting deraugatory avatars in the users avatar picture??? I would think that this is a violation since it can lead to the possibility of identity theft and defamation. If it is a violation... how would I go about reporting this problem?

Thanks
zaksmom

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Is it acceptable for an Admin to go in and Change members settings Empty Re: Is it acceptable for an Admin to go in and Change members settings

Post by BrickMaster April 22nd 2010, 3:27 am

It isn't at all, down at the bottom of the forum in question are a few links. Click Report an Abuse. Fill in the questions and send it in.

Hopefully their forum will be shut down. I wish you luck with this.
BrickMaster
BrickMaster
Forumember

Male Posts : 253
Language : English, CSS, HTML

http://www.brick-builder.com

Back to top Go down

Is it acceptable for an Admin to go in and Change members settings Empty Re: Is it acceptable for an Admin to go in and Change members settings

Post by zaksmom April 22nd 2010, 3:31 am

BrickMaster wrote:It isn't at all, down at the bottom of the forum in question are a few links. Click Report an Abuse. Fill in the questions and send it in.

Hopefully their forum will be shut down. I wish you luck with this.

We have tried the report button... but the forum administrator still has my full legal name posted and I have not gotten any response. I am getting quite nervous about this as identity theft is running rampant these days not to mention the fact that its kind of scary that anyone can now look me up and find out where I live. Shocked
zaksmom

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket April 22nd 2010, 6:18 am

The report an abuse button sends email to the forum administrator & does not report the forum to forumotion. T

To report it to forumotion, file a litigiation here.
https://www.forumotion.com/en/litigation/
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Back to top Go down

Post by zaksmom April 22nd 2010, 2:10 pm

So can you tell me if this is acceptable behavior from the admin? Is it a TOS violation? I did file a litigation 2 days ago and still have not heard a response. Do you know how long the litigation takes? Is there a number that I can call to get this expedited because this is really getting out of hand? This disgusts me that a Admin can abuse her position and do these things. I do have screen shots to prove my allegations as well.
zaksmom

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket April 22nd 2010, 5:51 pm

It is a TOS Violation.
I can't really tell you a specified time on how much time it takes.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Back to top Go down

Post by zaksmom April 25th 2010, 4:53 pm

Well its been several days since I made the litigation complaint and it is really getting out of hand. If you can please look into this violation issue for me... I do have scrreen shots to prove my allegations. This is a huge security risk to myself, my family, and my personal identity. I can not believe that it has been allowed to carry on this long in light of your last comment to me.
zaksmom

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario April 25th 2010, 5:06 pm

The staff besides Typlo can't look at the report and since Typlo is out till tomorrow there is nothing that can be done till then.
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down

Post by zaksmom May 1st 2010, 12:56 am

Hi Mr Mario...

Well its now the 30th and my bank contacted me as well as another credit card company that I have that I was a victim of identity theft. I have yet to hear anything from anyone. Typlo has not responded to my complaint or pm and I have asked the forum administrator to remove my name and she continues to leave it up for anyone to see as there are sections that are open to the public that have posts from me in it.

The forum is... http://www.dollcollectorsworldwide.com/

I have a screen shot of the violation and I know from having my own forum here that you can find out what exactly the admin has been doing via the admin log.

I would really appreciate any help you can give me on this. I am now waiting for new credit cards and debit cards and have put a fraud alert with the crediting agencies.
zaksmom

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario May 1st 2010, 2:24 am

Hello,

Sorry but I don't have anything over complains of the forums. Typlo is still the only person that does reports. I can forward the message to him myself so that he will look at it. But after that I can no longer do anything since its up to Typlo.
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down

Post by zaksmom May 1st 2010, 2:26 am

I would appreciate anything you can do. I will give it till Monday and then I have an apt with my attorney as this is a huge violation of personal identity and now I have fell victim to identity theft.
zaksmom

Back to top Go down

Post by zaksmom May 9th 2010, 4:41 pm

Well its nice to know that forum administrators can do anything they want to the members accounts and Forumotion does not do a thing about it. My full legal name is still up despite numerous complaints, litigation filings, and pm's, not to mention becoming a victim of identity theft. Very scary... since I sent proof via screen shot and this forum admin is still up and running and hacking peoples accounts.
zaksmom

Back to top Go down