The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rankings

2 posters

Go down

Rankings Empty Rankings

Post by YMShideaway April 26th 2010, 9:51 pm

Was just wondering how often the rankings are updated?
Just that on our stats it says we have a total of 40159 messages/posts and a total of 2955 topics.
However on the rankings it is only showing as 2900 topics and 39900 messages/posts (this is under the 'since 2 years' and our forum is only around 4months old)

Is it monthly its updated? Just we have checked lots of times and the numbers on our stats and on the rankings have never matched
YMShideaway

Language : english

http://yummymummieshideaway.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Rankings Empty Re: Rankings

Post by kirk April 27th 2010, 2:16 am

Mmmm .. i am not sure this may be one that only typlo or lucky can answer.
If things are being pruned or deleted then that can effect the stats a lil but it should not make that much of a difference. then if you had to use the utilities tool to back up the forum to a previous date it is possible it could go back to previous stats.. i am really not sure.

honestly it dont really look like that much of a difference to me or anything to be that concerned about.. but if you like i can pass this on to someone that may be able to give you more accurate answer?

i am thinking it has to be things that where deleted along the way? i mean the numbers are only off by 55 for topics and 259 for messages.. so it sounds about right to me if you are a active forum and have staff doing here jobs.. other then that dunno?
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Rankings Empty Re: Rankings

Post by YMShideaway April 27th 2010, 10:03 am

I dont think we have ever actually deleted a post or pruned (to be honest i do not even know what that is!)
If something needed to be removed usually we have just moved it to our admin only room rather than delete altogether. We have never had the need to delete anything because somebody had said something to upset anybody

Right now the numbers arent massively different but at times its been much more. Obviously not a huge deal we have just wondered for it for a while now
YMShideaway

Language : english

http://yummymummieshideaway.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down