The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Urgent Security Problem - how do I disable the link that allows sharing on social networks?

3 posters

Go down

Urgent Security Problem - how do I disable the  link that allows sharing on social networks? Empty Urgent Security Problem - how do I disable the link that allows sharing on social networks?

Post by Sister Florence May 1st 2010, 12:48 pm

Hi
Please can someone help? If someone presses the Share link (beside the Actions!) link then people who are not members can see what is only for the members, not the public. How do I secure my pages so they can't be shared on Facebook, Twitter etc? Please please help. I have already asked but got no replies. confused
Sister Florence Crying or Very sad affraid scratch
Sister Florence

Language : English

http://sisters.4.sisters.iii@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

Urgent Security Problem - how do I disable the  link that allows sharing on social networks? Empty Re: Urgent Security Problem - how do I disable the link that allows sharing on social networks?

Post by Jophy May 2nd 2010, 5:17 am

Where? through posts or advertisements?
Jophy
Jophy
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924

Back to top Go down

Urgent Security Problem - how do I disable the  link that allows sharing on social networks? Empty Re: Urgent Security Problem - how do I disable the link that allows sharing on social networks?

Post by Darren1 May 2nd 2010, 5:30 am

Hello,

Zoids, it's the "share" button near the "actions" button just above the users' avatar Wink

If the thread/forum is in a section where guests cannot see, anyone who is not logged in cannot see it, even if they are given a share link.

For example, if I were to give u a link from my "admin only" room on my test forum, by the "share" button, you won't be able to see it as ur logged out, even if u were logged in u wouldn't be able to see it, because you don't have the permissions to see it; your not an admin.

If I remember correctly, I don't think you can edit the share links with template editing either.
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853

Back to top Go down

Post by Sister Florence May 2nd 2010, 3:52 pm

Thanks Darren & Zoids. Yes Darren you are talking about the right link'/button. Even in a memebers only area if they click on that link they can send the whole page to Facebook, etc.

What is the point of having a members only forum if it has this HUGE SECURITY risk? What can be done?
Sister Florence

http://sisters.4.sisters.iii@gmail.com

Back to top Go down