The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM UNDER CONSTRUCTION / ON HOLIDAY / LOCK THE FORUM

4 posters

Go down

FORUM UNDER CONSTRUCTION / ON HOLIDAY / LOCK THE FORUM Empty FORUM UNDER CONSTRUCTION / ON HOLIDAY / LOCK THE FORUM

Post by Skip May 3rd 2010, 11:04 pm

I tried to lock the forum so noone could log on while I did some maintenance. I went to the admin panel and checked the forum on holiday and under construction buttons.

Now at the log in page, there is a message saying can't log on because of the above but you can still log on and post - even members.

How do I lock the whole forum while I do some maintenance? I don't want anyone except the administrators to have access.

Thanks
Skip
Forumember

Language : English

Back to top Go down

FORUM UNDER CONSTRUCTION / ON HOLIDAY / LOCK THE FORUM Empty Re: FORUM UNDER CONSTRUCTION / ON HOLIDAY / LOCK THE FORUM

Post by Codyy May 4th 2010, 12:04 am

Just put it in construction mode. It will SHOW the login page but, only admins will be able to login.
Codyy
Codyy
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1032

http://leprym.com

Back to top Go down

FORUM UNDER CONSTRUCTION / ON HOLIDAY / LOCK THE FORUM Empty Re: FORUM UNDER CONSTRUCTION / ON HOLIDAY / LOCK THE FORUM

Post by rblatch May 4th 2010, 12:09 am

CodyCFS wrote:Just put it in construction mode. It will SHOW the login page but, only admins will be able to login.

This will only stay like this for 24 hours though thumright
rblatch
rblatch
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1042
Language : HTML & CSS (Learning)

Back to top Go down

Post by Skip May 4th 2010, 10:31 am

Thanks guys - didn't know about the 24 hr thing.

Is there any way to close the forum down temporarily for longer than 24 hrs?

Thanks

blackeye
Skip
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket May 4th 2010, 4:54 pm

Put it on holiday mode.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Back to top Go down