The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any Ideas what this is being cause by?

3 posters

Go down

Any Ideas what this is being cause by? Empty Any Ideas what this is being cause by?

Post by Estee May 14th 2010, 6:25 pm

Two people have complained of problems on my site in the last two days and I have no idea what is causing their problem or how to rectify it. Does anyone have any idea? Rather than try to explain third hand I will copy the message I recieved in the hope someone knows what it's all about as I haven't the faintest idea! Copy of message 1

*****1 wrote:

I am having problems with the layout of the site. I can only post if I post nothing because then it comes back to tell me I have to post something, then everything is on the right hand side, then if I get to post, it is not in the box because I can't see it. Also, the icons are usually missing. I don't think its my computer because I use 3 or 4 depending which room I am in. What shall I do?

Copy of message 2

J***** wrote:Sorry to trouble you but I seem to have a problem posting. I've tried a few times in Games on the Limerick thread and Words beginning with "A" and I also had 2 goes at starting a thread in the Office about the problem. The thread vanished! I can write the post OK but when I press send or preview I get a blank white screen for a second or so then I end up back on the forum again and my posts gone!

PS I've just tried again and when I pressed send the message that someone else had just posted came up so I sent anyway and there were two identical posts from me!

This is the site:
http://madieramansion.forumotion.com/
Estee
Estee
Forumember

Female Posts : 39
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Any Ideas what this is being cause by? Empty Re: Any Ideas what this is being cause by?

Post by skillboy May 14th 2010, 6:55 pm

First ask them how it looks like as "guest"

There may be something wrong with the permissions
skillboy
Forumember

Language : farsi

Back to top Go down

Any Ideas what this is being cause by? Empty Re: Any Ideas what this is being cause by?

Post by Estee May 14th 2010, 8:07 pm

How it looks as guest? I'm not sure I understand what you mean. The permissions are set not to allow guest posting or viewing of comments, only members can do this.

What in the permissions could be wrong? One of the members is a moderator (comment 2) And 1 is a full member (comment 1)
Estee
Estee
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by skillboy May 15th 2010, 1:07 am

I meant asking them to log off, temporarily put guest as able to post

then post their results
skillboy
Forumember

Language : farsi

Back to top Go down

Post by Estee May 15th 2010, 1:18 am

You mean change all the permissions to allow guests to view and post in all the sections? I would rather not! My members have built up a trust and share family photographs and such like.
Why would guests see any different that admin, mods, and members?
Sorry I'm not understanding why I would need to alter all the permissions and how this will help.
Have you had these problem? Was this how you solved it? To allow guest posting?
Estee
Estee
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 May 15th 2010, 1:22 am

Hello,

I would suggest you ask your friends to upgrade their browser to the latest version (IE: Internet explorer 8, firefox 3.6.3 or upgrade to Google Chrome), but before that, to clear the cache & cookies of the browser.
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853

Back to top Go down

Post by Estee May 15th 2010, 11:20 am

Thank you darren, will suggest that, let's hope that works.
Estee
Estee
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Estee May 16th 2010, 10:35 am

Mesage 2 seems to no longer be having problems so far...
Estee
Estee
Forumember

Back to top Go down