The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Secections made avalible to specific user groups

3 posters

Go down

Secections made avalible to specific user groups Empty Secections made avalible to specific user groups

Post by myojine May 19th 2010, 5:39 am

i want to make certain boards accessable to only certain users.
Im making a forum board spedifcially for a MMORPG guild and i want there to be a public page for inquiring hopefuls to the guild, so they can register and post freely on certain topics, i made a user group specifically for those in the guild. id like to make the rest of the forums inaccessable to anyone not in this user group

so
indexboard
---Public
-----Guild members only beyond this point

if you understand what i mean.
myojine

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Secections made avalible to specific user groups Empty Re: Secections made avalible to specific user groups

Post by Jophy May 19th 2010, 4:33 pm

You can set up a group where(example), 'a' group can view all the forums including the forum for guild members only and for 'b' group where they can't view the forum for guild members by setting up the permissions of 'b' group to not access that forum

Change permissions by going to admin panel>general>categories&forums>change permissions of groups there>save.
Jophy
Jophy
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924

Back to top Go down

Secections made avalible to specific user groups Empty Re: Secections made avalible to specific user groups

Post by myojine May 19th 2010, 7:38 pm

zoids25 wrote:You can set up a group where(example), 'a' group can view all the forums including the forum for guild members only and for 'b' group where they can't view the forum for guild members by setting up the permissions of 'b' group to not access that forum

Change permissions by going to admin panel>general>categories&forums>change permissions of groups there>save.
i did that but a general member can still go in and access these and post on them for some reason. id ont want anyone able to see these posts, read them, post replies to them if they are a general member.
myojine

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario May 19th 2010, 7:41 pm

Just uncheck members read/view this section.
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down