The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.

Create a free forum like this one.

How Can Change The IP location of my forum?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How Can Change The IP location of my forum?

Post by Guest on June 28th 2010, 4:37 am

I have detected a security breech.. People are able to track your IP on your forum if you are the founder the can see the location of where you live.. How can I switch this??? This is seriously important and I need information ASAP.

Back to top Go down

Re: How Can Change The IP location of my forum?

Post by Darren1 on June 28th 2010, 8:47 am

Hello,

I'm sorry but this isn't possible.

I can guarantee you that your forum is 100% safe.
ForuMotion's forums & servers are located in France.

Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on July 1st 2010, 6:48 pm

@Darren1 wrote:Hello,

I'm sorry but this isn't possible.

I can guarantee you that your forum is 100% safe.
ForuMotion's forums & servers are located in France.

Not entirely Darren1. Go to http://geotool.flagfox.net/ and type in the website you are looking up.. example: forumotion.com and you will see that its being hosted somewhere in dallas. Nothing about France appears. This is a serious problem because people can look up your site and see where you live. I have wrote Typlo a message about this for almost a week ago already and I still have no reply on this issue. This is a seriously violation of privacy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Master Marc on July 1st 2010, 6:59 pm

The first thing that I want you to do is to check the IP of your forum and check yours and see if there is a match, Wink

Secondly, you can't change the IP of your forum.

You'll need to switch hosts ( forumotion hosts your forum ) to have a different IP address.

Also, one more thing. Any website that you visit, it is possible for webmasters to track where you live, huhohi ( use a proxy if you want to hide )

Master Marc
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 3661
Language : English and Spanish.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on July 1st 2010, 7:17 pm

@Master Marc wrote:The first thing that I want you to do is to check the IP of your forum and check yours and see if there is a match, Wink

Secondly, you can't change the IP of your forum.

You'll need to switch hosts ( forumotion hosts your forum ) to have a different IP address.

Also, one more thing. Any website that you visit, it is possible for webmasters to track where you live, huhohi ( use a proxy if you want to hide )
The first thing: I have looked it up an apparently now my site appears in dallas as well. I can assure you, I looked up my site before and it showed the street I live on. Even some guy joining the site from another country was able to tell me that he can see it as well.

Secondly: Okay, now I guess that answers my question. thumleft

Third: I'm very much aware that we all carry an IP like a fingerprint or footprint leaving traces everywhere we go unless covered by a proxy. However My problem was people seeing where I live by looking up my site; Which is altogether a separate matter. Thanks anyways. thumright

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 on July 2nd 2010, 7:22 am

Hello,

I can assure you, ForuMotion is hosted on French Servers, in Nice, in France Wink

Glad to hear this solved Smile

Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853
Language : English

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum