The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Have you learnt a lot of code because of Forumotion?

+13
dr.sport
ankillien
DarMonkey
SusieSmith13
Lozu
Dumbledore27
Darren1
Nessa
Yakko!
Caihlem
Doctor Inferno
MiiSz.Tasia
LostLegend
17 posters

Go down

Have you learnt a lot of code because of Forumotion? Empty Have you learnt a lot of code because of Forumotion?

Post by LostLegend July 25th 2010, 12:40 am

I personally have learnt LOTS of CSS, HTML... Since making my forum. This is because I've had to edit a lot of widgets and CSS issues and such...

What about you?
LostLegend
LostLegend
Forumember

Language : English

http://naruto-role-play-rpg.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Have you learnt a lot of code because of Forumotion? Empty Re: Have you learnt a lot of code because of Forumotion?

Post by MiiSz.Tasia July 25th 2010, 1:18 am

i learned some HTML and CSS aswell but still not enough to say i'm a pro lol
MiiSz.Tasia
MiiSz.Tasia
Forumember

Female Posts : 216

Back to top Go down

Have you learnt a lot of code because of Forumotion? Empty Re: Have you learnt a lot of code because of Forumotion?

Post by Doctor Inferno July 26th 2010, 7:10 am

I've learned these since I created my forum:

HTML, CSS, JavaScript, SEO, computer stuff, web designing/developing, online marketing, social media stuff.
Doctor Inferno
Doctor Inferno
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1331
Language : GeekPolice

http://www.GeekPolice.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Caihlem July 26th 2010, 10:57 am

For an obvious start, I learned how to use ForuMotion's Admin Panel tongue
I eventually learned ways of providing help to people (sarcasm and evil were natural)
Over time, I learned how to manage a team, develop projects and see them through.

Technique wise, I learnt HTML & CSS to help in the Code section of the support forum. When the GFX section opened, I learned some basics in graphics and still use them today. Preparing for the Analyst section, I joined several communities dedicated to that and learned how to do that too.

The one thing I never learned is to stop looking backwards Razz
Caihlem
Caihlem
Energetic

Male Posts : 8969
Language : English, French & Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Doctor Inferno July 26th 2010, 4:59 pm

What Analyst section?
Doctor Inferno
Doctor Inferno
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1331
Language : GeekPolice

http://www.GeekPolice.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Caihlem July 27th 2010, 8:10 am

Forum Reviews
I should probably have used those words and not "Analyst Section", my bad Mr. Green
Caihlem
Caihlem
Energetic

Male Posts : 8969
Language : English, French & Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Yakko! July 27th 2010, 9:10 am

Yes...
i started with another platform...
but Forumotion give me many tutorial to learn how to create a forum, a blog, ecc.
Yakko!
Yakko!
Forumember

Male Posts : 661
Language : Italian, english, Français

Back to top Go down

Post by Nessa July 27th 2010, 2:39 pm

Caihlem wrote:For an obvious start, I learned how to use ForuMotion's Admin Panel tongue
I eventually learned ways of providing help to people (sarcasm and evil were natural)
Over time, I learned how to manage a team, develop projects and see them through.

Technique wise, I learnt HTML & CSS to help in the Code section of the support forum. When the GFX section opened, I learned some basics in graphics and still use them today. Preparing for the Analyst section, I joined several communities dedicated to that and learned how to do that too.

The one thing I never learned is to stop looking backwards Razz

I've majored in Cailhemology 101 for some time now. That last comment ~ does that mean you miss us? Have you learnt a lot of code because of Forumotion? 5794 We Mish Yeeww too!!!! Have you learnt a lot of code because of Forumotion? 5161 You will forever be the legendary admin here, my mentor!! I sneacretly wish you would return to us one day!! Have you learnt a lot of code because of Forumotion? Nod

Besides, I really miss using this smiley ~~> Have you learnt a lot of code because of Forumotion? Caihlemdidit
Nessa
Nessa
Energetic

Female Posts : 6203

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 August 15th 2010, 9:22 am

lol nessa, I'm still studying Cailhemology 101

I miss seeing that smiley
Ive leared fm's templating, which is different to the real php templating, a bit of CSS & some HTML
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853

Back to top Go down

Post by Dumbledore27 August 15th 2010, 11:00 am

Well, without forumotion I wouldn't know even what HTML means Have you learnt a lot of code because of Forumotion? Redface
Spoiler:

Last edited by Dumbledore27 on August 16th 2010, 7:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Dumbledore27
Forumember

Male Posts : 632
Language : Online
Location : Error 403 - You do not have the permission to view this item's value

Back to top Go down

Post by Lozu August 15th 2010, 12:24 pm

i always uses html editor until i remembered some of the codes, css was hard then i learned by seeing alot of html script uses id and the name of the id must be inside css with some scripts such as background-image, repeat-x, 32px etc.
Lozu
Lozu
Forumember

Language : ENGLISH

Back to top Go down

Post by SusieSmith13 August 16th 2010, 12:37 am

I've tried learning HTML in the past. Not a good idea, brain shuts down. One of the main reasons I use Forumotion is that I can do everything without knowing coding. I personalized the look of my forum by uploading graphics. If I need special coding in the future, or a special widget, I'll have to find someone to do it for me.
SusieSmith13

Female Posts : 6

http://klps.stationforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by DarMonkey August 20th 2010, 9:11 am

Sadly i learn't the css codes the hard way, I made a mistake a few months ago and I was so upset because I thought it is the right css code but it really not work, however I have learn't a trick or two from the experience.

So I think the most important thing you need to consider when doing or copying css is be careful because not all of them are helpful
DarMonkey
Forumember

Male Posts : 114
Language : English, Tagalog, Spanish

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 August 20th 2010, 2:42 pm

Dumbledore27 wrote:Well, without forumotion I wouldn't know even what HTML means Have you learnt a lot of code because of Forumotion? Redface
Spoiler:

Hyper text markup language tongue
Alas, Cailhemology, is only for the old-folk of the forum who do remember Caihlem's reign of Orange-bot-bashing ....especually spambot Mike Have you learnt a lot of code because of Forumotion? 943482
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853

Back to top Go down

Post by ankillien August 20th 2010, 3:48 pm

Darren1 wrote:Ive leared fm's templating, which is different to the real php templating.

Its not really any different. The templates are in simple HTML that use PHP variables.

I've also learned a lot of coding. I learned XHTML, CSS, JavaScript, jQuery and also some PHP. I also learned some graphic designing Razz
ankillien
ankillien
Energetic

Language : English, XHTML, CSS, JS, PHP, SQL

Back to top Go down

Post by dr.sport August 20th 2010, 3:57 pm

I didn't learn HTML from forumotion, but because of my forum from forumotion I went and learned alot of stuff...soo, i guess yea.Smile

So I know alot of Graphic desighn and HTML, but I have no idea about CSS stuff, so thats what im gonna be learning next.
dr.sport
dr.sport
Forumember

Male Posts : 159
Language : english, and html

http://technoninja.niceboards.net/portal.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by LH Justin August 20th 2010, 4:22 pm

In the time that I've spent on the Support Forum I've learned HTML, CSS, Graphics, and how to fail at JavaScript. Razz
LH Justin
LH Justin
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 3686

Back to top Go down

Post by Variver August 20th 2010, 6:24 pm

Mostly HTML.
Variver
Forumember

Male Posts : 66

http://purepkz.forumd.biz

Back to top Go down

Post by LostLegend August 21st 2010, 2:34 pm

Nice to hear all this knowledge of codes from you guys 0.o
Very Happy
LostLegend
LostLegend
Forumember

http://naruto-role-play-rpg.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Diana August 23rd 2010, 9:09 pm

I haven't learned anything. It's too hard.
I understand some things. But it makes me so frsutrated to work with codes.
If I had known there was so much trouble with the codes then I never would have made a forum.
And it's even more frustrating when you ask for help here and no one answers or says you're spamming. Or when they give you answers that make you feel really stupid cause they think all this code business is common knowledge and you're a tool for not knowing what they're talking about when they're really giving no information at all, they're just confusing you more.
I'd totally leave forumotion cause there's no help here, but I like the people on my forum and want the best for them.
Diana
Diana
Active Poster

Female Posts : 1286

Back to top Go down

Post by ImProviser August 23rd 2010, 9:58 pm

I didn't know anything before making my forum at forumotion xD

that's the reason I've started learning coding & designing, to make my forum unique Very Happy

then video editing came along the way, and some other PC stuff Razz

thank you FM xD
ImProviser
ImProviser
Forumember

Male Posts : 617
Language : Serbian, English, Deutsch

http://www.team-xenon.com

Back to top Go down