The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to Hide content for guests/members and show it for VIP/Premiums

3 posters

Go down

How to Hide content for guests/members and show it for VIP/Premiums Empty How to Hide content for guests/members and show it for VIP/Premiums

Post by Neoroify October 12th 2010, 5:41 pm

I've been trying over and over to find an option in the permissions control center but i can never find a "Premiums" preset or can't even add one.

Fortunately i want to have my forum containing private secrets, revealed only for prems. but regular members can never know them. and many other contents to share only with premium members, whom are paying for subscription to know secrets of how-to and such.

I need a serious help about this, if you please teach, guide.. and tell me how to do it. If this is not possible then i am hopeless Oh my god
Neoroify
Forumember

Language : English

Back to top Go down

How to Hide content for guests/members and show it for VIP/Premiums Empty Re: How to Hide content for guests/members and show it for VIP/Premiums

Post by Guest October 12th 2010, 5:44 pm

First you can make a group and call it Premium Members (:

then make a forum and change the permissions to only this group

ACP - Forum - Categories and forums - How to Hide content for guests/members and show it for VIP/Premiums Perms Permissions for the new forum - Advanced Mode - And check the checkboxes only for the new group (:

Back to top Go down

How to Hide content for guests/members and show it for VIP/Premiums Empty Re: How to Hide content for guests/members and show it for VIP/Premiums

Post by Neoroify October 12th 2010, 6:02 pm

True, i know how to do it already, but i want to hide the content for guests/members and show it for premiums.. lol..

example:
Guests/Members: Can see a forum called "Premium Contents", they read in the description "SORRY! You can not access this page, PREMIUMS ONLY!" and they can go into it, but can never see the content and the category/forum will be locked.

VIP/Premiums: Should see a forum called "Premium Contents", they read in the description "Looking for something special? Check the new contents & features!"

I know THIS can be done through the premission control panel, but the problem is when i tick for "Premium Member" it ticks for all the previous preset (Guests, Moderators, Members), I can do this already by setting the Guest-Premium Conent forum to not be viewed by prems, and the Prem-Premium Content forum to not be viewed by guests/members.

It's easy, not hard but the only thing keeping me back is the permission control panel -.-
Neoroify
Forumember

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Famous® October 12th 2010, 11:35 pm

i believe the only way to do what you want would be to make another forum called vip and make it only veiwable to guests and members or w.e. you want and dont give them permission to post i believe
Dr Famous®
Forumember

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Post by drachemeister October 13th 2010, 12:21 am

I've done something similar to this on my Forum. Create the usergroup Premium Members (or whatever you want to name it). Make a new Forum. Name it Premium Members or whatever you want to name it. Set the permissions to *viewable* by non-Premium Members, but not readable. That way, they can see the Forum and the name of the Forum, but they will not be able to access the content inside the Forum.

How to Hide content for guests/members and show it for VIP/Premiums Specia10
drachemeister
drachemeister
Forumember

Female Posts : 99
Language : english

http://delta-america.forum-motion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down