The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No More Avatars Please! [SELF SOLVED! I'm so smart. :D]

4 posters

Go down

No More Avatars Please! [SELF SOLVED! I'm so smart. :D] Empty No More Avatars Please! [SELF SOLVED! I'm so smart. :D]

Post by limehh October 24th 2007, 3:33 pm

Hi!
I need to make it so that users can no longer upload their own avatars.
Is this possible? :S
I'm sure it would be, wouldn't it?
Well ive been searching the panel and only found that you could individually change each user's settings so that they can't.
I want to make it so that the ENTIRE forum can not upload their own.
(only use the gallery)
Please Reply Asap Smile
Thanks Lol

--------------------------
I solved it myself. I simply limited the maximum size of the avatar to so small that they can't see it! Very Happy
Pretty smart huh? Wink Twisted Evil

Last edited by on October 25th 2007, 10:48 am; edited 1 time in total
limehh

Language : english

Back to top Go down

No More Avatars Please! [SELF SOLVED! I'm so smart. :D] Empty Re: No More Avatars Please! [SELF SOLVED! I'm so smart. :D]

Post by Shadow October 24th 2007, 4:56 pm

Hi,
Sorry but there is no way of stopping them to upload their avatar.
But after you need to punish users who don't obey and upload pictures you don't wish, they will stop quickly Wink
Shadow
Shadow
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 16217
Language : French, English

Back to top Go down

No More Avatars Please! [SELF SOLVED! I'm so smart. :D] Empty Re: No More Avatars Please! [SELF SOLVED! I'm so smart. :D]

Post by Andre October 24th 2007, 5:30 pm

Although Typlo is right that you cannot stop members from uploading Avatars, you can stop individual members from displaying them.

Admin Panel/Users & Groups/Users/member username/profile/
Down below near the end : Can display avatar: click on No

Andre
Andre
Andre
Forumember

Male Posts : 108
Language : English, French & German

http://gendersinx.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Eximma October 24th 2007, 5:33 pm

Hello ^^

You can do this yet, be careful that you member don't leave you forum because you are too autoritarian ! Wink
Eximma
Eximma
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1358
Language : French, English, learning japanese [gave up with german :'(]

https://help.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Andre October 24th 2007, 5:34 pm

Say a member insists on displaying sexually charges avatars, would you be too authoritative ?
Andre
Andre
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Eximma October 24th 2007, 5:37 pm

Andre wrote:Say a member insists on displaying sexually charges avatars, would you be too authoritative ?

limehh didn't say that it was this kind of avatars Ôo
Eximma
Eximma
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1358
Language : French, English, learning japanese [gave up with german :'(]

https://help.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Andre October 24th 2007, 5:41 pm

You are right, I was giving a hypothetical situation.

Perhaps it would be best if we had an advisory board here for those who are unfamiliar with the ins and outs of being an Admin, aside from the technical. An opinion based forum for those hard decisions that we sometimes get.

I will make that suggestion in the appropriate section.

With respect,
Andre
Andre
Andre
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by limehh October 25th 2007, 1:38 am

Well, actually the reason I want to stop them from uploading their own etc. Is because we weregoing to release special badges to competition winners etc. >.>
We already have a "Pip" thing with the ranks, but whenever they get a special "badge" (rank) for winning something, it makes their "pips" go away.
So we decided to sacrafice the avatar spot (they would automatically have a "user" avatar, and if they won a competition, we could change their avatar to a badge for winning that competition, manually, through the admin panel.
Since we don't really need/want avatars, and we'd much rather another "slot" to put "special" badges without them getting rid of the post counting badges.

If there is any other way to do this, could you please let me know?
I want special badges to appear "below" the Pips. Smile
limehh

Language : english

Back to top Go down