The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Quote Feature On Message Not Working

2 posters

Go down

Quote Feature On Message Not Working Empty Quote Feature On Message Not Working

Post by ceekeigh 31/10/2007, 11:38

I have a problem on my forum, quote function is not working. How can I fix this?
ceekeigh
ceekeigh
Forumember

Male Posts : 62
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Quote Feature On Message Not Working Empty Re: Quote Feature On Message Not Working

Post by Alleycat 1/11/2007, 03:10

ceekeigh wrote:I have a problem on my forum, quote function is not working. How can I fix this?
I'm having the same problem on the new site I created yesterday...any help on this one, anyone?
Alleycat

Back to top Go down

Quote Feature On Message Not Working Empty Re: Quote Feature On Message Not Working

Post by Alleycat 1/11/2007, 04:21

Alleycat wrote:
ceekeigh wrote:I have a problem on my forum, quote function is not working. How can I fix this?
I'm having the same problem on the new site I created yesterday...any help on this one, anyone?
Needless to say, you can clearly see it working properly here, but on our board, when posting you see the "[quote="username]Text of quote[/quote]" but when the message gets posted the quote field is blank...I've been looking all over this board and all the config tools and can't find anything on fixing it or correcting it, if it's my error from when I set up the board...it ends up looking like this, but totally blank without even the word "quote"...just an empty blank field:

Alleycat

Back to top Go down

Post by Alleycat 1/11/2007, 10:33

Alleycat wrote:I'm having a problem on a new site I created yesterday...on our board, when posting having hit the "QUOTE" button, you see the "
username wrote:Text of quote
" inside the field of the text of your posting as you are writing it, but when the message gets posted the quote field is blank...I've been looking all over this board and all the config tools and can't find anything on fixing it or correcting it, if it's my error from when I set up the board...it ends up looking like this, but totally blank without even the word "quote"...just an empty blank field:

Okay...I sorta figured out part of the problem and it has to do with the color of the text on the board...what's happening is that when replying to a post and using the QUOTE button, the text withing the quote and end-quote boxes is defaulting to something the same color of the background of the box the quote should appear in...after you post if you highlight what appears to be an empty box the text will apppear...is there anyway to set a default so that the text appears a certain color because if I have to try and explain to the board users what's happening and how to get around it by using the text color feature on the reply post so the quote appears, most of them will never figure out how to do it...so how can I set that to default to yellow like the text on the rest of the board? Help please...
Alleycat

Back to top Go down