The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Emoticons only show at the end of a post. Solutions?

+3
Sanket
BELZEBUB
Biker
7 posters

Go down

Emoticons only show at the end of a post. Solutions? Empty Emoticons only show at the end of a post. Solutions?

Post by Biker December 11th 2010, 1:11 am

Even since day one, i noticed that every emoticon posted by me or members of forum, went at the end of the post box. To be more accurate, if i had five lines written in a post and wanted to put an emoticon in the second line, even though i placed the cursor in the right spot, the emoticon (after being pressed) went at the bottom of the page.

I'm using cut/paste all this time (personaly) and does not bother me much, but i get many complaints from my members about that bug(?).
Is there a way of fixxing it?
Biker
Forumember

Male Posts : 96
Language : greek

http://www.mototrail.net

Back to top Go down

Emoticons only show at the end of a post. Solutions? Empty Re: Emoticons only show at the end of a post. Solutions?

Post by Guest December 11th 2010, 1:43 am

Yes, it can be fixed, but it would require that a forumotion "tech" understand how the licensed vBulletin editor scripts work. Since I do not believe there is anyone at eToxic in that category, don't get your hopes up.

The fix involves rewriting a few lines in the emoticonp() function in the forumotion system script.

Can you bypass the faulty emoticonp() function and add a fix on your end? Yes, if you know advanced javascript and can think outside the box. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Emoticons only show at the end of a post. Solutions? Empty Re: Emoticons only show at the end of a post. Solutions?

Post by Biker December 11th 2010, 11:42 am

Ok...so what can i do?
Can you guide me through the process?
Biker
Forumember

Male Posts : 96
Language : greek

http://www.mototrail.net

Back to top Go down

Post by BELZEBUB December 13th 2010, 1:48 am

^ Iz there a fix for thiz? And could it be related to certain browserz?
I am having the same problem at our forum, but seemz it got worse since switching to Google Chrome. Also, it actually doez it az I post here az well. Hope therez some help forthcoming az thiz iz the specific problem I came here looking for an answer to lol^

BELZ

Last edited by Sanket on December 13th 2010, 8:35 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Bold & Color Removed)
BELZEBUB
BELZEBUB

Male Posts : 3
Language : English

http://fcforum.forumotion.net/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket December 13th 2010, 8:33 am

BELZEBUB, Bold and Color are reserved for moderation, like this, so please keep to the default font
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Back to top Go down

Post by BELZEBUB December 17th 2010, 12:38 am

Sanket wrote:BELZEBUB, Bold and Color are reserved for moderation, like this, so please keep to the default font

^ OK, no problem.
Thanx for editing my post, any chance of an admin ANSWERING it? lol^

^^BELZ^^
Twisted Evil
BELZEBUB
BELZEBUB

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalliopi December 18th 2010, 1:07 am

Biker, most forums work this way. Here is how I do it, give your smiley's very easy names (none of mine are the original ones) : smile : etc. Then instead of using the clickable ones, just type the code in as you are typing your post. The simple ones you can remember, those you can't, you can hover over the clickables & get the name, assuming you have given them the same name as the code, when you loaded them, do, so it makes life easier. I fall else fails, use the clickable option & then copy & paste, where you wanted the smiley to be in the first place, hope this helps Smile
Kalliopi
Kalliopi
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by BELZEBUB January 19th 2011, 10:04 am

^ Wow...Itz been a month...and still no answer from an admin.
But they took the time at least to edit my post AND make another post informing me of the rulez about the COLORZ of you postz that were allowed.
Utterly ridiculous.
Really glad we are a bit more picky at our site az to who we appoint in "help" positionz.
No problem tho, we will figure thiz out on our own.
Seemz we couldn't do worse than counting on thiz forum for help...which iz pitiful.^

Twisted Evil^^BELZ^^Twisted Evil

Last edited by Joph25 on January 19th 2011, 10:58 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Bold text removed - Joph25)
BELZEBUB
BELZEBUB

Back to top Go down

Post by Jophy January 19th 2011, 10:58 am

BELZEBUB, Bold/Color are reserved for moderation, like this, so please keep to the default font
Jophy
Jophy
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk January 19th 2011, 1:03 pm

Only the techs can fix this.. this is just something that has always been like this on forumotion.. even regular or paid phpbb boards do not do this, but if you place the smiles as you go along when typing then they will go there Smile

like that smile it went right there.. but now if i was to go back and say try to add one after fix this right now.. it will go to the bottom of the board.

So i know what you mean ,but like i said it has been like this on forumotion for as long as i can remember.. just add the smiles as you are going along.. other then that you can suggest a fix on the suggestions board but i am pretty sure this is something the techs have been aware of for a long time.. so it will have to be up to them when to fix..
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Post by TheListener_ January 19th 2011, 2:58 pm

A new editor version is coming soon, according to the techs. They haven't gave us a date or any peeks, since they're testing its security. Hopefully Typlo knows a lot more than I do. Razz

Chapo wrote:Hi,

We work on a complete new editor because we are aware about problems existing in the actual and ooold editor, you just have to wait Wink
We will update it as soon as possible, but we still haven't picked a date.

Regards,

I'm excited to see how it looks like... they say they've fixed this JavaScript bug Dion mentioned (and amazingly got to fix... tongue). Some new BBcodes wouldn't hurt... Razz
TheListener_
Forumember

Language :

Back to top Go down