The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sudden Problem with facebook login

3 posters

Go down

Solved Sudden Problem with facebook login

Post by lordamit January 19th 2011, 10:31 pm

As the title implies, the problem occurred suddenly.

Short history:

I activated the facebook connection module the day it was introduced. But recently(say, an week or so), I (and some other users) are having trouble if we try to login using facebook. It started before the secret key was introduced. Now secret key is introduced, but the problem persists. It should be mentioned that I have not heard from anyone who can now use it to login to facebook now.

What happens?
Absolutely nothing. When I click the login with facebook button, it simply does nothing. As if no function is assigned to the login button.

What I tried:

Erm, I created a new FB application, which has new ID and new Secret key. then I used it inside forum replacing the old one.
And nothing happened. The facebook login button was inactive as usual. So I deleted the old one, and again modified the forum to use the old application id and pass phrase.

Here are some more details:

forum name: http://iitdu.forumsmotion.com/

I think I tried to change some minor settings in the application. But as the new connectivity application did not work and I didn't modify anything in that application, the settings might just be ok.
Also, I tried the other topics in this forum. But there was not an satisfactory answer in any of those topics / the topics I managed to find.

Advise/suggestion/solution requested.

Last edited by lordamit on May 27th 2011, 11:10 pm; edited 2 times in total
lordamit
Forumember

Male Posts : 46
Language : English

http://iitdu.forumsmotion.com

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Sudden Problem with facebook login

Post by MrMario January 19th 2011, 10:43 pm

We don't deal with any Facebook problems because we didn't make the Facebook login. If there is a problem with Facebook apps or anything you will need to wait till Facebook fixes things.
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down

Post by lordamit January 19th 2011, 11:09 pm

You mean, we do not have absolutely any control (except the activation part) on the facebook login through forumotion?

Great. it gets even more complicated then.
lordamit
Forumember

Male Posts : 46

http://iitdu.forumsmotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jophy January 20th 2011, 8:46 am

Yes, we don't have control there but Facebook only does.
Jophy
Jophy
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924

Back to top Go down