The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Couple of Q's about Reports

+2
Ape
LGforum
6 posters

Go down

Solved Couple of Q's about Reports

Post by LGforum March 16th 2011, 12:45 am

Just got a few questions about reports.

1. When someone clicks the triangle icon with the exclamation mark in, to report a post. How am i made aware?
As in, do i receive an email or a PM letting me know that a post has been reported? Or do i just have to keep checking.

2. When i click on 'Report List' in the admin panel, it brings up a page within the forum, as if that page is part of the forum. Is there any way to include that page into my forum so it comes up as 'New Posts' when a new report has been er.. reported. obviously i would make it so only i and mods could see it. That way, it would be really obvious when a new report has been made as it would come up with new posts within that section.

3. The 'Report an Abuse' button in the footer, does this report to me (the admin) or does it report to forumotion? or Both? and also what are the differences between the two ways of reporting?

Thank you, sorry its a lot.
LGforum
LGforum
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2265
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Couple of Q's about Reports

Post by Ape March 16th 2011, 1:07 am

A:1 when some one reports a post / thread there will be a pop up on your forum saying that there has been a post that has had a report then a member of your staff can fix the problem or your self. once it's been fixed your mods can re open the thread or lock it so no one else can report it.
I'm 100% sure you also get a E-mail aswell to let you know.

A: 2 As for the 2nd part of your Q Yes you can make a part on your forum that only mods can see
you can make a part on your nave bar that only mods and admins can see and when you click on it it will show the page for all reports new and old.
All you have to do is get the URL of the report page and link it in your nav bar.
Then set it to admins and mods only.

A: 3 I'm not 100% about this i think it's to report the site its self.
so if you have some thing that should not be on there a member can report your site but don't hold me on that as im not 100% sure,

Hope i was of some help to you

~Ape~ Couple of Q's about Reports Ascaso
Ape
Ape
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 19122
Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha

http://chatworld.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by LGforum March 16th 2011, 1:55 am

Thanks a lot for your help. I'll be adding a button to the navbar, linked to reports. Do Mods also recive a pop up and email?

So Moderators automatically have the ability to deal with reports, e.g. change the status of it and stuff?

What do you mean by 'RE OPEN' the thread, is it automatically locked? or are you just assuming it will have been locked since reported.

Thanks a lot for your help and sorry for the bombardment of more questions lol.
LGforum
LGforum
Hyperactive

Back to top Go down

Post by Ape March 16th 2011, 2:08 am

LGforum wrote:Thanks a lot for your help. I'll be adding a button to the navbar, linked to reports. Do Mods also recive a pop up and email?
A: YES

So Moderators automatically have the ability to deal with reports, e.g. change the status of it and stuff?

A: I think you need to set who will mod that part.
Go to :
General scroll down the page to Couple of Q's about Reports Alerte2 Reports
click on Permissions your see some little yellow cogs set them to who and what you want!

What do you mean by 'RE OPEN' the thread, is it automatically locked? or are you just assuming it will have been locked since reported.
A: when a post is reported i think it gets locked so no one else reports it aswell until the staff have done there work.

Thanks a lot for your help and sorry for the bombardment of more questions lol.

Your more then welcome anytime
I'm glad i was of some help.

Ape
Ape
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by LGforum March 16th 2011, 12:54 pm

Thanks again, youve been a lot of help Very Happy

EDIT: Hey, i set up an account on my forum, and made it a moderator. I then set up a report button on the navbar in wich only mods can see. I then made a fake report. However when a Mod clicks on the report button and it goes to the report page it says 'there are no reports in this criterion' or seomthing. So why can't moderators view reports?
LGforum
LGforum
Hyperactive

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket March 16th 2011, 3:37 pm

General>Reports>Configuration
What have you set?
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Back to top Go down

Post by Base March 16th 2011, 5:51 pm

There is also an article regarding the Report System right here if you need it: https://help.forumotion.com/t35557-the-report-system

Wink
Base
Base
Forumaster

Male Posts : 10386
Language : English and French

http://forumotionhub.net

Back to top Go down

Post by LGforum March 16th 2011, 8:12 pm

its set to members. Everyone can see the 'Report Post' button.

I have it sorted now though so sorry about that.

One last question, if someone reports a moderators post. Will that moderator have the ability to deal with his own reported post?

What i mean is; Say a moderator makes a post that breaks the rules, and someone reports that post.
When the moderator looks at the reports, will he be able to see that someone has reported his post? because if he can, he can just delete it, without anybody noticing.
LGforum
LGforum
Hyperactive

Back to top Go down

Post by Ape March 17th 2011, 12:36 am

LGforum wrote:

One last question, if someone reports a moderators post. Will that moderator have the ability to deal with his own reported post?

What i mean is; Say a moderator makes a post that breaks the rules, and someone reports that post.
When the moderator looks at the reports, will he be able to see that someone has reported his post? because if he can, he can just delete it, without anybody noticing.

Right i ran a test on my test forum and made a post by a moderator then made a test member and reported the mods post and then loged in as the mod and YES he will see the report popup.

Ape
Ape
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by LGforum March 18th 2011, 2:17 am

Hmm that's a little annoying. So mods can just dismiss it, if a post by them has been reported.

Anyway i wil still get an email through so i will knwo if they have dealt with a report and not told me.
LGforum
LGforum
Hyperactive

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario March 18th 2011, 5:13 am

You will if you set it up in your profile under preferences.
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down

Post by LGforum March 18th 2011, 9:43 pm

Hmm some of my moderators, when they click on the reports button gt to see the reports, but some mods only see:
There are no reports...' thing...

any idea's?
LGforum
LGforum
Hyperactive

Back to top Go down

Post by Jophy March 19th 2011, 7:52 am

Hello,

Some mods may not able to see it if they are not assigned to moderate on all forums, example is they are only allowed to moderate on 'forum 1' and a report is sent from posts of 'forum 2', they won't get the report, they will only get reports where they can moderate so moderators who have powers to moderate globally are the only one who can see the reports from the posts on all the forums.
Jophy
Jophy
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924

Back to top Go down

Post by LGforum March 19th 2011, 11:50 am

Ah right. well i have to be honest that is a perfect system for my forum. Smile

As i have 'Supervisors' of different sections who only moderate each section. so thats greath that they will only deal with reports from their own section.

Okay thats fantastic, i think its all solved now Smile

Thanks Joph, and everyone else Smile
LGforum
LGforum
Hyperactive

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario March 19th 2011, 6:53 pm

Solved => Locked
MrMario