The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

submitting forum to google error..

4 posters

Go down

submitting forum to google error.. Empty submitting forum to google error..

Post by saioke November 20th 2007, 6:03 am

hey everyone.. some reason when i tried to verify my forum at google i got an error that says "Verification status: NOT VERIFIED
Last attempt Nov 19, 2007: We've detected that your 404 (file not found) error page returns a status of 200 (Success) in the header."

i tried verifying by adding the meta tag into the meta tag section into the forum which didnt work at all. so i tried a html page and it gave me that error.
saioke

Language : english

Back to top Go down

submitting forum to google error.. Empty Re: submitting forum to google error..

Post by Happyboy November 21st 2007, 12:37 pm

Verification status: Successful ! But I don't find it where in Google index
Happyboy
Forumember

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by Har Dy November 21st 2007, 5:55 pm

I think they are lie. Or they just put your Link all the way in the back of the pages ( last page ). I change my Forum's name , but Google still hold the old link. Now I want it back...
Har Dy
Har Dy
Forumember

Male Posts : 693
Language : English , Vietnamese

Back to top Go down

Post by zinex November 21st 2007, 6:21 pm

you can try putting the meta tag in your homepage box, it should not show up or affect your forum in any way. With google, it does not index you straight away, it can be weeks or even months, depending on how often it visits your site. I created a home page and linked my forum to it, as i have always found that homepages seem to show up quicker than forums.
zinex
zinex
Hyperactive

Female Posts : 2804
Language : scotch och aye!

http://asylum.forumotion.co.uk/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by saioke November 21st 2007, 10:57 pm

zinex wrote:you can try putting the meta tag in your homepage box, it should not show up or affect your forum in any way. With google, it does not index you straight away, it can be weeks or even months, depending on how often it visits your site. I created a home page and linked my forum to it, as i have always found that homepages seem to show up quicker than forums.

homepage box? if you mean the meta tag box inside the homepage directory thats what i did.. but seems i get a new error. now i just get the error: "We've detected that your verification file returns a status of 404 (Not found) in the header."

edit: never mind i got it to work! seems my favicon interfered with it. i moved the favicon below the meta tag and it worked. thanks anyway!
saioke

Language : english

Back to top Go down