The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I cannot access my forum - domain forwarding issue?

4 posters

Go down

Solved I cannot access my forum - domain forwarding issue?

Post by N1NJA FWG April 2nd 2011, 10:44 am

Hi,

I am not sure if I have posted this in the right area but since about 4pm GMT yesterday, I have been unable to access the forum http://fifth-wall-gaming.darkbb.com which I administrate.

I have the address www.fifthwallgaming.co.uk forwarded with masking via godaddy to the forum and when trying to access the site, the web browser gets stuck in a loop trying to load the page.

I have since parked the .co.uk domain but still cannot access the forum - I think this may be due to the .co.uk still being referenced in the ACP. Unfortunately, I am also struggling to access the ACP https://www.forumotion.com/en/utils/

It seems like several other people have been having similar issues and any advice you can give to help resolve this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris
N1NJA FWG

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: I cannot access my forum - domain forwarding issue?

Post by N1NJA FWG April 2nd 2011, 12:39 pm

It seems I can connect to the ACP via the Utils page but whenever I go into the Summary section and click to modify the Domain name, the browser is unable to display the page.

Is it possible for one of the staff here to reset this option please?
N1NJA FWG

Back to top Go down

Post by Jophy April 2nd 2011, 12:51 pm

I cannot access my forum - domain forwarding issue? WarningPlease avoid double/triple posting. Post need to be separated by 24 hours before bumping, replying or adding more information. Please use the edit button. Wink
Jophy
Jophy
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924

Back to top Go down

Post by leelaw56 April 2nd 2011, 2:15 pm

It would be really helpful if forumotion could help sort this out rather than us being chastised for posting more than once - which I also have done in my panic at trying to get my forum back online. Some of us are not technical people and also do not have the several hours spare that I had to spend yesterday trying to solve a problem that was not mine in the first place.

Chris if you are able to administer your domain (my domain host provides me with an admin panel) and you are able to use web forwarding it is possible to point your domain to your forumotion domain name as a temporary solution till someone works out what forumotion have changed to cause this and provide us with an answer.

I have got my forum back online doing this although I had to delete the personalised domain in my admin panel (which took ages as I had to keep relogging in using the utils link you provided above). It is working ok but I have to log into the forum each time I go on ahd sometimes while I am on there but at least my members can see the forum now Very Happy

Hope this helps as a temporary measure.

Last edited by leelaw56 on April 2nd 2011, 2:16 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : missed out a very important word)
leelaw56
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by N1NJA FWG April 2nd 2011, 2:25 pm

Thanks for the response Leelaw, its appreciated. I think I will set up the domain forwarding with godaddy again and see if it helps resolve this issue.

There is def. something not right with my forum because the Summary on the main page of the ACP is showing the darkbb address as our domain but when I click 'more information' that summary screen is showing the domain as the .co.uk. Unfortunately, I cannot modify this option as my browser just will not load the page despite repeated tries and it is driving me nuts and wasting my weekend lol

Cheers,

Chris
N1NJA FWG

Back to top Go down

Post by leelaw56 April 2nd 2011, 2:28 pm

The same here Chris - I was like that all yesterday afternoon and evening.

Good luck x
leelaw56
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by N1NJA FWG April 2nd 2011, 2:37 pm

Got it, one of my Admin colleagues was able to get in long enough to correct the domain so we can now get back in.

I will leave it a little while before setting up forwarding again and will have a chat with the rest of my staff about the future of our site.

Thanks for your help Leelaw and good luck with your site too Very Happy
N1NJA FWG

Back to top Go down

Post by leelaw56 April 2nd 2011, 2:48 pm

You are welcome Very Happy
leelaw56
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario April 2nd 2011, 6:33 pm

Solved => Locked
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down